Prolog

"Are you excited, baby?" my mom asked me. 'Do you want me to be honest?' I thought to myself.

"I don't know mom. I'm happy to be back, I really do, but what if it's not going to be what we expected?" my concerns just spluttered out from my mouth.

My mom sighed. "It will be hard in the beginning, but everything will turn out fine just like it always does" she said comforting me. "We're almost there" she added after a while and winked at me.

I've seen some pictures of our new house online. It was quite impressive, I even had my own walk-in closet and bathroom, and there was a pool in the backyard! There is a thing I am more interested in though, UA Academy, to be exact.

I remember dreaming about studying there as a child, and now I finally will. I don't want to be a hero though, I want to create costumes. Thank goodness UA has a department in that branch aswell. Chills went down my spine as my mind wandered off to sketches of costumes I have in my notebook. There is nothing I'm waiting for more than finally getting my hands on a school sewing machine.

I looked out of the window. As my eyes wandered from buildings to buildings, gut feeling in the back of my mind knew exactly where I was and how the town looked like. This really is my home, even though I don't have a single memory of it, at least for now.

Most of them tend to come back, only small parts are gone for good. 'I haven't seen these houses since the incident' realization struck my thoughts.

                                   ---¥---

The car finally stopped in a wide driveway signaling the end of our 3 hour trip. I stretched some muscles as I got out of the vehicle.

A moving truck came after 15 minutes, two very kind workers came out of it and helped with moving all the heavy stuff into the house, leaving me and mom the boxes. All the fuss took us an hour, we paid and said our thanks to the men and as they drove away I noticed my moms gaze on me.

She seemed relieved to see me like this. No parent wants to see their child suffer from actions they had no intake on. Her arm flew right above me and rested itself on my shoulder, we stood like this for few seconds in silence.

"Let's get those boxes in," my mom suggested giving me light pat on my back, "and don't open any of them yet, I wanna get coffee before we create an absolute mess." she added giggling. I laughed back at her adding a quick "sure" and we started taking care of all of the clutter in the driveway. It took us another 30 minutes and as my mom noticed me lifting the last package, she plopped down on the couch, groaned and closed her eyes.

"I need a break" she complained threwing her hands up dramatically. I only snickered at her in response and took my phone out of a bag. As I was scrolling through new notifications I sat down next to my mom and noticed a new email.

An external from UA, 'Please don't kick me out already' I prayed in my mind. Turns out I was just acting dramatic, it was an informational email about the sports festival seating sections.

My mom's head perked up as she felt my fingers constantly poking her side. "WHAT" she screamed making me laugh, "WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY WANT FROM ME CHILD" she cried dramatically and blurred her vision with her fingers.

"Coffee, perchance? Perhaps?" I asked her pulling my chin and head down, eyebrows up, drilling holes in my mom's eyes.
She got up and immediately reached for her purse, following her steps I got my phone and started heading off towards the doors.

Just as we got out of the driveway, somebody almost run me over. Not a car, a skateboard. Some asshole decided to skate on the sidewalk at top speed, clearly not expecting anyone on it. The boy responsible for basically a heart attack of mine didn't even turn around to see if I was okay. He had blonde spiky hair, not very tall but taller than me, grey sweatpants and a large navy shirt. Just a quick analysis so I recognize him when he tries to kill me again next time.

"What an ass" my mom said in a disgusted tone. She was just staring at the corner where the boy disappeared two seconds ago, turned to me said quick "Let's go, baby" and started walking. "His hair was cool" I said following the woman, also earning a small chuckle from her.

                                ---¥---

We wandered around the block as we both slurped on our coffees. My mom got a classic americano, opposite to her I got a caramel frappe with extra caramel drizzle, whipped cream and cookie crumbs on top (a/n: that drink makes me hard everytime I have it).

We walked by a playground. It was abandoned, not fitting into the jolly scenery around us at all. I stopped walking and started looking into it. Clearly no kids played in there for years; the swings were broken, the sand pool was full of mud, sticks, and leaves. The pony ride was missing the pony, and the slide had graffiti on its surface. There were two long blood marks on the ground. It was a very unpleasant view. My mom also halted and started looking around the place.

"You used to play here" she started, grabbing my attention "you loved the swings" she pointed. My eyes landed on hers, she didn't look happy, rather disgusted I would say, her eyes watered. The woman looked like she had a lot to say but stayed silent.

My sight turned back to the abandoned playground. 'I played here?' thoughts came into my head. And suddenly memories started flowing back to me. The swing, the sandpool, playing tag with my two bestfriends. I snickered at the memories.

A certain spot took my attention. The blood stains on the ground. Just two of them though, no one commited murder here, but somebody did get attacked.

I looked at my knees. Two visible ugly scars, one on each of the knees, rested on my body. I shriveled. The moment of a 5 year old me being dragged on my knees through hard concrete came right in front of my vision. A man was pulling my hands, yelling at me, hitting other children.

A van. Awful chills went down my spine, causing me to get out of the trans I didn't even know I was in. My eyes turned to my mom, she was still looking at the playground but this time she silently sniffled.

She turned to me, smiled weakly and took a sip of her coffee. I did the same and saw a single tear fall onto the lid of my cup.

                                 --***--

A/N: HI EVERYONEEEEE
I just wanted to clarify some stuff before you guys read further!
ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE OKAY PLEASE DON'T JUMP ME
The story is going to be a bit improvised all the ideas just pop into my head but I will be sticking to the MHA timeline dw
If you have ANY suggestions for improvement PLEASE comment and I will adjust, I want this story to be as pleasant as possible!
I don't know when I will post chapters it depends on how you guys like the story!

SEE YOU NEXT TIMEE🤍🤍