Chapter Nine

Warnings: reflections of trafficked girls but instead of for sex it's for blood, angst, implicit drug use

Summary: You confront Dean about his past, but it doesn't go according to plan. You come across your sister and see her in a new light, and she drags you back into her life whether you like it or not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean gets off the phone with his friend in the police force and looks around his office in thought. It's eerily quiet. He can't hear you moving about which concerns him. He always hears you. He leaves his office and goes to your room but you're not in there, and there isn't any indication that you were ever here. He walks across the landing and notices a door open on the first floor.

The basement door.

Dean uses his speed and rushes downstairs to see you standing over open boxes with Annabeth's journal in your hands. You look at him with tears in your eyes.

"Y/N..."

"I look like her."

"I can explain."

"I look like her. You never liked me. You only liked me for who I resembled."

"That's not true. You're nothing like Annabeth. I made sure of it."

"Oh, you made sure of it, huh? How thoughtful of you," you shout and slam the journal to the ground. You feel used and dirty. He made you feel special. He made you feel safe and now you realize it was all a lie. "You knew I was adopted, didn't you? You knew I have fairy blood in me? You knew about me this entire time and decided to lie about it?"

"I didn't lie–"

"Don't make this out to me not digging deep enough. You had plenty of time to tell me. My own parents were dying and you still didn't tell me! My entire life is in these boxes. You've been watching me all this time?"

Dean sighs in frustration and runs his hands through his hair.

"It's more complicated than that. Just give me time to explain everything."

"Explain what? That you didn't happen to meet me at that hotel months ago? No, you were following me and wanted me to meet you. You knew about my blood before you even got a taste for it. This whole thing has been a complete lie." You wipe your tears away angrily but more spill over. "I let myself–"

You stop yourself from saying how much you've fallen for him. You shake your head and storm out of the basement angrily, and you make sure to slam your shoulder into his when you pass him.

"Y/N!"

Dean runs after you but you don't want to hear what he has to say.

"No! Don't! Just leave me alone!"

You grab your jacket from the hook by the front door and storm out of his house. Dean wants to go after you and explain everything but he knows you need time to calm down. You're so sad and angry that you don't realize you've hit the middle of the town until you hear people laugh from across the street.

You walk into Eternal Elegance but stay where the rest of the humans are instead of going to the vampire club down below. How could you be so stupid? You really thought Dean was good enough to fall for, but it turns out he's been stalking you for years. It makes you feel cheap and used. Dean has made you feel like how your sister has made you feel for years.

You order two drinks and down the first one when it gets to you. You want nothing more than to curl into a ball and cry until you can't.

"Come on, what's got you so upset?"