Light Amidst the Dark

A/N: No diary entry in this chapter either lmao, I think y'all might get used to it soon, also, this chapter is really close to my heart because of the vulnerability shown and the trust placed to show it, I hope you like it as much as I did!

Shubman loved the rains in Mumbai.

He didn't have an accurate reason for it.

But he just did.

They had a different kind of a serenity to offer.

Whatever could be bad about rains unless they start off during a match?

Powercuts.

And if it was at night, yet at a working hour, it was even worse.

For him?

No not really.

But for Sara, yes.

And that was the exact first thought that came to his mind after the lights went off, and he was told there was a powercut all over Bombay

" Sara..." He mumbled, his eyes widening in realisation, concern spreading within him.

" Kitna Sara Sara karta hai yaar, ab Kaun khaa gaya tera sara khana?"

Shubman ignored Seb's exasperated sigh as he immediately picked up his phone to ring Chaya.

Unfortunately, it was switched off.

" Shit shit shit...who can I call?" He muttered under his breath wondering to himself.

" Lysh!"

Dialling her contact, he waited for her to receive it which she immediately did.

" Hello?"

" Hi Lysh, I hope I'm not disturbing you?"

" Nope, not at all! What's up?"

" Uh...are you not in Mumbai?" He asked, confused at how calm she sounded.

" No, I'm in Italy, why do you ask?"

" Is Sara with you?"

" I've come with my parents! What's the matter? You sound worried."

" There's a powercut..."

" Shit...these are her working hours and her office is getting renovated. There are issues with the inverter too. God no, this is terrible news! Did you call Chaya? Did she receive your call? Try at the reception if you can please. Her state turns pathetic. Can you please do something?"

" Lysh..Lysh calm down. I called Chaya but her phone was switched off. I'll do something okay? And once I know she's fine, I'll tell you."