|20| until the flames part

"If he lives the way he feels, 

then love won't be in the form of words, 

but  the comfort of  warmth

for he burns himself  to give light

The soft glow of the setting sun filtered through the curtains of Taehyung's apartment, casting a warm light over the room. Taehyung and Jungkook sat on the couch, cups of coffee in hand.

Yet, beneath the surface, Taehyung's mind was a whirlwind of thoughts. He glanced at Jungkook, who was animatedly recounting a funny incident from school and couldn't help but feel a pang of uncertainty about their future.

"Taehyung, are you even listening?" Jungkook's voice broke through his reverie.

Taehyung blinked and shook his head slightly. "Sorry, I was just thinking about... well, the future. Have you ever thought about teaching at a university?"

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, taken aback by the sudden shift in conversation. "A university? I used to be a university teacher before I switched to the school a couple of years ago."

Taehyung's eyes widened in surprise. "Wait, seriously? You never told me that. I always knew you were brilliant, but... wow."

Jungkook chuckled,
"I didn't think it was relevant. Plus, I enjoy the more personal connection with high school students. But why do you ask?"

Taehyung leaned back, running a hand through his hair. "With everything that's happened, I've been thinking. Maybe we could look into university positions. It could be a fresh start for us, somewhere we can work together and continue our passion for teaching."

Jungkook took a sip of his coffee, contemplating the idea. "It's a big leap. Universities have their own challenges, but it's not a bad idea. We could explore different universities and see where we might fit in."

Taehyung's eyes lit with a spark of hope. "Yeah, I've been looking into a few. There are some great universities that are hiring. Maybe we could brainstorm together, figure out which ones might be a good match for us."

"Alright, you've caught my interest. Let's hear it. What universities are you thinking about?"

Taehyung's eyes sparkled as he swiftly reached for his laptop and opened it, pulling up a list he had been compiling. "Well, I was thinking somewhere with a strong history and math department."

Jungkook leaned in, scanning the various positions on different universities. "Those are some prestigious choices. I didn't know you had such high aspirations."

Taehyung grinned, "Why not aim high? We have the skills and experience. And it could be an amazing adventure for us."

Jungkook nodded, You're right. We could do this together. Let's start reaching out, see what opportunities are out there."

Taehyung glanced at Jungkook, his expression softening. "No matter what happens, I'm glad we're in this together."

Jungkook smiled, reaching out to take Taehyung's hand. "Me too. We'll figure it out, one step at a time.

The two of them spent the next few hours brainstorming, researching, and discussing their potential future at various universities. The excitement in the room was palpable as they realized that despite the uncertainty, they had a shared goal that could bring them closer than ever before.