Chapter 21 - mission

3rd person POV

(TW: mention of Rap*e, blood description and swearing)

They both walked down the path they were instructed to follow, the snow scape something new to navigate for him as she judged him silently under the mask.

"Where are we even heading?" He muttered under his breath as they walked in a rather mocking tone. "Hold your horses you dimwit. You can bearly navigate yourself in the snow, it's like watching a toddler walk for the first time with no assistance." She mocked back at him, their masks in the way of expression readings, however their voices held a mutual sense of similarity, whatever that ment.

"I don't understand why you're so... insistent on insulting me." He responded back to her, begging to feel annoyance against her remarks, "oh please, I've met scarecrows with more spine than you." She huffed, quickening her pace further away from him almost hoping to lose him. But he still managed, though wobbly, to catch up with her.

After a longer while of walking they made it to the designated area to spot this killers whereabouts. "Right, lets stop and think of what to do." Lyney said as he began to recollect information. "By the time you finish thinking, I'll already have his head on a platter." Xue said back as she tried to find an entrance. "Why're you so...are you bitter I beat you in our last fight?" He asked, a smug smile tugging at his lips. "Absolutely not, I let you win." She lied, trying to maintain her last bit of dignity in the matter. "Sure." He chuckled under his breath. She however rolled her eyes before finding an entrance and running to it, imideatly stepping inside the broken and abandoned building that once held wealthy families and their wealthy belongings, now replaced by a coat of dust and a ghostly feel.

He noticed her absence and imideatly followed. "Next time give a heads up before you do this." He mumbled to her. She ingnored him getting further in. "Annoying..." He replied back following her short frame again, "Don't do anything stupid, I can slice your throat open with a single slash." She threatened and kept going.

He swallowed, from what he'd heard about her it wouldn't be surprising if she could genuinely do that, specially it being in Arlecchino's 'pep talk' in that last battle they were forced to do. One of the rules of the house is to always believe and follow what Father says no matter how outrageous it seems. He followed her, keeping behind her incase he needed to interfere for raw strength. Her footsteps were bearly hurt, it was like a feather, bearly, if not any, sound, but for him it was quite the opposite, his footsteps were heavier therefore sounded more prominent in the corridors of the abandoned place.

She was on high alert most of the time, but couldn't help but suppress her annoyance at his loud and sloppy footwork. But she shut her trap for the greater idea of stealth.

"I'll kill them, it's two kids what would they have on me?" A loud voice said not to far from them. At the sound she pressed her back to the wall and he did the same, beginning to listen in. She took the opportunity to start the recorder gathering information from the unknown voice. "What? They're kids, I don't care if they're in their 20s, they're still small and easy to squeeze. I could make it look like ancient, specially the girl, she doesn't look like tough shit, if anything her body looks so small just a few thrusts would break her." The man voiced, her stomach twisted at his words knowing he was most likely talking about her, Lyney had a similar reaction over the guys words, however anger was an emotion that flared in him the more he listened.

She took a breath as she kept listening to what the man said, swallowing to ingnore her disgust and keep listening in. "The guy doesn't seem too tough either, if anything his bones look fragile, I could easily kill them and make it look like they shoot themselves further down in the snow. Who knows I might just keep their bodies after they're dead and giving it to the public a few weeks later to find in the river." The voice laughed at his vile thoughts but kept going with his talk, she turned off the radio.

Once he saw this he was ready to hands down kill the guys but before he could do anything she stopped him sending a few darts that eventually sent him uncontious. She walked up to see if it was still contius once she figured it wasn't she signaled him to help her.

It was a bright room, and the man soon found himself strapped against a chair, his fat body strangled by the bindings. "The hell is this..." The man mumbled before looking up at them. His soon to be victims, Lyney leaned against the door as Xue began to question him. "Why have you, of all people, been killing some of ours?" She questioned him, the man laughed in her face. "Beacuse your weak and an easy target, the boss is quite happy with my job." He said pridefully. "The boss?" She questioned, "a boss who has you doing their bitting? Who's this boss you're talking of?" She continued. "Why would I tell you?" He questioned. "Beacuse I want to know the scum bag who has you working like the dog you are." She shouted at him, Lyney laughed in the background to add salt to the wound.

"You take those insults far from the boss!" He said. She hummed in slight anger. "That's fine, I'll just slice your throat so accuretly that blood will flood your mouth so you can't say another word as you die in agony." She threatened, her eyes darkening under her mask. When she saw he wasn't gonna respond she laughed. "Well, you asked for it." With that she sliced his throat with the tiniest movement, in a matter of seconds the walls splattered with red, his blood falling on her clothes as blood rushed out his neck and mouth, some falling on Lyney's cheek.

He whipped the blood off his cheek with a hard swallow, Arlecchino's words were very correct over her ruthlessness, but seeing it in person, did make it seem he would stand no chance if killing had been an option in that battle.