Summer Camp

hey hey hey !! so this is kind of an AU where Taylor and Calvin are counselors at a summer camp and they're bf and gf and all that good stuff. this'll be kind of fluffy and cute so here we go...
--
"Caroline! It's time for bed!" I whispered loudly across the cabin. She was still blinding me with her flashlight while trying to look for her stuffed animal she dropped literally 10 minutes before. Somehow she managed to drop a different one every night and keep everyone else up. I heard her flashlight crash onto the ground and a little shriek from the opposite corner of the room.
"Caroline," I said, firmer this time.
"Sorry, Taylor," she said innocently as she grabbed her lost stuffed animal and crawled into her sleeping bag. Her bunk creaked as she settled herself down. I sighed. I still had to wait until she fell asleep. Knowing Caroline, that probably wouldn't be for another 15 minutes. I couldn't keep him waiting.
I crawled out of bed with the excuse of needing to fill up my water bottle. I slipped out the back door of the cabin and ran down the path to the dining hall, where he told me he would be. And of course, he kept his word. Adam was standing right there waiting for me. I couldn't help but smile. He was wearing sweatpants and his favorite sweatshirt that never failed to smell like him, a mix of lake water, sunscreen, and whatever deodorant he wore. His green eyes were visible from 10 feet away, even in the dark. He enveloped me in a hug, his bulky arms ensuring that I was safe. I breathed in his scent and pulled back.
"You ready?" he asked me in a hushed tone, his Scottish accent rolling off his tongue so effortlessly. He held up the picnic basket we'd prepared during free swim. I nodded and took his hand. We ran off down the dirt road that ran through the camp, and ended up on the North Field, where you could see the whole Milky Way on a good night. Tonight just happened to be one of those nights. Adam spread the blanket on the cool grass. We sat down and he took the basket in his lap. He lifted out two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and tossed one to me.
"Thanks," I murmured.
"No problem, babe," he said sleepily, his words slurring together as he stretched his legs and lied down.
"C'mere," he said huskily.
I tucked my head underneath my chin and sighed. I gazed at the stars as I took a generous bite of my sandwich. I chewed and Adam placed a kiss on the top of my head. He took a deep breath, hesitated, and said, "I can't wait for this to be all over and it can just be us."
I smiled to myself.
"Me too," I replied.
He rubbed his hand up and down my thigh and I turned my head slightly so I could kiss his cheek.
"Thank you for thinking of this," I whispered into his neck.
"Absolutely," he said, "I hardly ever see you anymore."
I sighed. It was true. More and more campers were coming, and with their new needs and wants, I never really got to see Adam anymore, except for the two hour free time once a day, when we plan things like this. I flipped myself over onto my stomach and stared at him. He was looking up, staring at the stars with half a grin on his face. It was times like these where I loved him the most. When he was really himself.
As if he knew I was staring at him, he smiled even more and quickly switched his gaze and fixed it to my face. I scooted up a little more so I could land a kiss underneath his chin. Then his cheek. Then the corner of his lips. He pushed a hand through my hair and molded his lips to mine. They tasted like strawberry jam, left over from the sandwiches. He had his way of making me feel so fragile in his hands. I have never felt this way with anyone before. His mouth moved against mine and by now I was on top of him, and I could feel his heartbeat against my chest. He runs his hands up slowly on the sides of my stomach pushing my tank top up along the way. I could feel the calluses on his hands, born from the last six weeks of wrangling children. He sat up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He yanked off his shirt in one quick motion, and I ran my hands along the planes of his chest as soon as it was cast off to the side. As I kissed him, everything fell into place.
"So where are we going to go after we get out of this hell hole?" I asked him suspiciously.
"Somewhere where I can love you how you deserve to be loved," he said plainly into my neck, "Somewhere where you can play your music at bars and I can DJ some parties and we'll be happy and nothing will be in our damn way. I swear it."
"What?" I choked out.
"I love you," he said, "And you deserve so much more than this."
I sighed into his jaw, tears balancing on my lashes.
"I didn't know I needed to hear that until now," I whispered shakily.
His forehead balances on mine and our breaths mix together.
"What?" Adam says.
"I love you," I say, ignoring his question. "So much I can't explain it."
Then his arms were around me, his face buried in my neck and in my hair. I hugged him tight, breathing everything in, taking everything in, the way he smelled, the way his hands moved, the way his eyes shone with all the emotions I was feeling when I pulled back. Finally, I let his hand go and smiled at him.
"See you tomorrow," I grinned.
He beamed back. "See you tomorrow."

--

That's it!! I hope it was cute enough lol idk thanks for reading guys!! please leave reviews in the comments!! :))