Chapter 3

Devon Pov:

I'm so bored .... It's currently lunchtime and i'm stood in the hall with Lucas who's practically glued to his phone texting Riley who's literally stood 2 second away from us.

Devon: "Dude just go over there and talk to her."

Lucas: "I'm good."

Devon: " Chicken."

Lucas: " I'm not a chicken it's just..... Texting is easier."

Devon: " How can it be easier than just walking over there and talking to her?"

Lucas: " It just is ok."

Devon: " If you say so."

I then looked behind me and noticed Riley approaching us only for her to hide behind the bench looking longingly at Lucas i glanced at him to see if he was seeing what i was but to no ones surprise he's still glued to his phone so i turn back to see Maya faceplaming.

as she points to Lucas motioning for Riley to do anything else but what she did next took us by surprise she sniffed his hair before walking back over to Maya before the two walked off.

Devon: " Did you see that?"

Lucas: " No what happened?"

Devon: " Don't worry about it cowboy it's time for class."

We then grabbed our bags and walked into class and to our seats to see Mr Matthews stood at the front holding a phone.

Mr Matthew's: " You guy's don't connect with each other, It's like you can't exist without these. You use emoticons rather than emotions. You're an unfeeling generation of zombies."

Riley and Maya decide to lean into this comment from Matthews and start pretending to be zombies by pretending to eat each other which made me and a few others laugh but had the opposite effect on Matthews who didn't seem impressed.

Matthews to Riley: " Stop eating her."

Then someone walks in looking rather emotionless.

Mr Matthew's: " You're late miss Myzell

Myzell: " My goldfish died."

I noticed that her tone was flat and it seemed i wasn't the only one to pick up on it.

Mr Matthew's: " You see? This is what i'm talking about. miss Myzell has clearly suffered a tragic loss yet she doesn't seem in touch with her actual emotion."

The girl seemed to be offended by Matthews comment but her expression didn't change.

Myzell: " Scuze me? I'm crying my eyes out. I'm gonna have to leave class early."

She then to the surprise of all of us including Matthews she walked out.

Mr Matthews: " Oh she actually made it out the door this time."