🥀 - prologue

💍 · · ──── ·🕊· ──── · · 💍

a breeze blew softly across the beach, and the sun was shining. the smell of salt and sea mixed with the sweet scent of flowers and the soft murmur of the waves lapping at the shore could be heard. a crowd was gathered around a wooden arch, covered in flowers and vines. there were many rows of white chairs for guests, and a long aisle ran between them.

juan always loved being home, but this visit was different. this visit was special.

he was standing under the arch, his hands clasped in front of him. he wasn't dressed in some fancy suit and tie, just a pair of white jeans and a white button-down shirt. a part of him felt completely calm, like everything was finally falling into place, and then there was another part that was excited, and yet another that was nervous.

all his friends, family, and teammates were there, just the way he wanted it. she only wanted a small, intimate wedding, but he wanted anyone and everyone to be there. so he invited everyone he possibly could while she only sent out two invitations to two guests.

juan could barely believe this was actually happening. he could still remember when he had first met her. he could remember their first kiss, their first date, their first time, their first fight, their first everything. and now, here he was, standing under the arch, waiting for her to appear.

"you ready for this?" his best man, fernando, asked, clapping him on the shoulder. juan turned to face him, grinning like an idiot. he couldn't believe this was really happening.

"more than ready," juan replied, feeling a fluttering sensation in his chest. he had been waiting for this moment since he laid eyes on her, and he was more than ready.

he turned his attention to the end of the aisle when the music started to play softly, and he couldn't believe his eyes.

penelope also wasn't dressed fancy, just wearing a white sundress, a sharp contrast to her dark hair which fell loosely around her shoulders. Her makeup was simple, for her standards, and a smile was on her glossed lips. she looked absolutely stunning, and he couldn't keep the grin off his face as she walked down the aisle towards him.

it seemed like an eternity before she reached him, and when she finally did, he took her hands in his, and squeezed them tightly, gazing at her in awe. she was absolutely beautiful, and he was the luckiest man alive.

she smiled up at him, her green eyes shining. she looked so happy, so carefree, and it made his heart swell with happiness and love.

the officiant cleared his throat and began speaking, but juan barely heard a word. he was too busy staring at his beautiful wife-to-be, the woman he had been waiting his entire life for.

he was still zoned out when the officiant asked him to recite his vows, but luckily penelope squeezed his hands and pulled him back to reality. he grinned sheepishly, and then began to speak, his voice soft and low. he wasn't even sure if everyone in attendance could hear him, but that didn't matter. all that mattered was that penelope heard every single word.

he spoke about how he had never met anyone quite like her, and how she had stolen his heart from the very first moment he had seen her. he spoke about how she made him feel, and how he never wanted to be without her. he spoke about how she had changed his life forever, and how he would never be the same again.

and then, when he was done speaking, he kissed her. he wasn't supposed to, but he couldn't help himself. she was just too perfect, and he couldn't resist her any longer. she indulged him for a few moments before pulling away, a mischievous smile playing on her lips.

the rest of the ceremony was a blur. obviously, he paid attention to her vows, but everything else was a bit hazy. all he could focus on was her, and how much he loved her. she was his whole world, and he couldn't wait to spend the rest of his life with her.

"so juan, do you take penelope banks to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" the officiant asked, a smile on his face.

"i do," juan replied, his eyes flicking down to her lips. she was smiling so brightly, and her eyes were sparkling.

"and penelope, do you take juan soto to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" the officiant asked, turning his attention to penelope.

"i do," she said, her voice trembling slightly. her hands were shaking a little in his, and he gave them a reassuring squeeze. she took a deep breath, steadying herself, and then smiled up at him.

"then by the power vested in me, i now pronounce you husband and wife. juan, you may now kiss the bride," the officiant said, and before the sentence was even over, juan had his arms wrapped around her, before lifting her up and spinning her around. she squealed in delight, and then he kissed her deeply, pouring all his love and passion into the kiss.

when he set her down, he kissed her again, his hands cupping her face. her lips were soft and sweet, and he could have kissed her forever. the cheers and applause from the guests faded away as he lost himself in her, completely forgetting where he was and what he was doing.

finally, they broke apart, and he rested his forehead against hers, breathing heavily. she giggled, her hands on his chest.

"i love you," she whispered, her voice barely audible above the din of the crowd.

"i love you too," he replied, stroking her cheek with his thumb. she looked up at him with so much love and affection, and he felt his heart swell with happiness. he grabbed her hand and tugged her down the aisle, the cheers and applause growing louder as they walked past the guests.

this was the happiest day of his life, and he knew that nothing would ever compare to this moment. he had never been happier, and he knew that she felt the same. they were finally married, and nothing would ever separate them.

or at least that's what he thought.

they would go on to spend 5 wonderful years together before the unthinkable would happen.

juan soto and penelope banks had an epic love story, one for the ages, one for the story books, but like all good things, it had to come to an end.

and it did.

note from lottie.

woah

anyways, hope u enjoyed!

comment and vote!

love ya,

- lottie

published: 7/3/24