★ ★ ★

BACKSTORY :

   Despite what many would think, Narcissa's life wasn't all that complicated. At least, not at first.

Her parents met as teenagers and fell in love, having bonded over their mutual love for many different mythologies and living with a happy love, running away and marrying almost straight out of high school. At ages 20 and 22 they had their first born child — a daughter they named after their favorite myth, the greek myth of Narcissus. Narcissa was loved by both her parents, and she received all of their constant attention and love, spoiling her because they loved her and felt she deserved the world.
A few months before she turned four, her mother fell pregnant — resulting in her getting attention less from both parents. Soon after her birthday, her first brother was born — Atlas, named after the titan that held up the sky. They wanted him to be strong. For a while, she received more attention than during the pregnancy, though with both of her parents caring for the baby, it didn't last long. The more they grew, the more attention Atlas got — getting praises and love he got.
Six years later, they both get hit with the same situation. Except Atlas was actually someone's favorite. Their dad's. He would still get to 'make their father proud' and be the better child. The attention shifted between Atlas and Morpheus, as Morpheus was their mother's baby. Narcissa would get spoiled without end simply so she'd leave them and their sons alone. She got used to that far too quickly, knowing that she could do whatever if she didn't get in trouble and left them alone.
Four more years pass and a beautiful baby girl was born, splitting image of her sister, but with light blue eyes. It had been obvious she wasn't their dad's daughter, yet no one uttered a word.
That was like an unspoken rule for them — don't point out the flaws, pretend everything is perfect.

It had been merely five years later that Narcissa would bring the end to her family, causing a tragic death in a fire. She hadn't meant to kill them, only scare their parents. She thought they'd get out in time, never think it was her. Both her parents burned, barely any remains. Atlas and Hebe were taken out but had too much smoke in their lungs to breathe. Morpheus died in his sleep, having been the only one no one thought to wake up or check up on. His body burned, only ashes remaining from the fire. Narcissa's body was found crushed under many pipes and chunks of walls.
She never told anyone, but once she awoke and saw no one would do anything with the bodies and remains, she took them to a cemetery and buried them where no one would find them. After that moment, she begun taking care of her siblings, almost a mother to them.
Guilt would consume Narcissa every year on April 20th, as it was the day she ruined and took the lives of those she loved. She visits their graves alone and brings them flowers every year, and to this day she hasn't told her siblings about their bodies.