Swim

Lara

L: "No? I don't think I've seen such a handsome face before~"

He chuckled, not expecting me to get all flirty. I was only distracting him from thinking I was the girl on the phone call from a few hours before.

L: "Hey, Mitty interrupted me before, but I wanted to ask, um.. why are you nervous?"

K: "Oh, you don't know us... we ARE Chase Atlantic, love."

Plot twist!

L: "Oh!"

K: "Yeah, just three boys singing about drugs."

He explained through a laugh.

L: "Sounds awesome, actually."

And I suddenly can't wait to hear them perform.

K: "Yeah, Mitty is our lead singer, I'm the backup vocalist, and I also play guitar. Clinton has a part with his sax."

L: "And ya'll sing about drugs?"

K: "Mhmm... but we make it sound like not as bad as it actually is in real life. Some fans describe it like being in space or in the clouds. I don't know though."

He explained as he fiddled nervously with the umbrella in my drink.

L: "How do I not know about you guys?
My friend knows about you."

K: "Your friend?"

L: "Yeah, my friend Henny. She's ugh..."

I mumbled as I searched for her in the crowd.

L: "She's probably charging some dude a shit ton a money for a lap dance."

I joked and I got him giggling, which felt like such an accomplishment.

K: "Her name's Henny?"

L: "Well, Hannah, but I gave her that nickname, after the drink."

K: "She must drink a lot then, huh?"

L: "Go-to drink. That's why she earned that name. She goes out way more than I do. Dragged me with her tonight. I didn't wanna go, but I am so glad I did."

He scanned me from head to toe, giving me a suspicious look.

K: "Yeah?"

L: "Yeah, I need to get out the house more. College and work are sometimes way too much."

K: "Where do you work?"

Shit. He might get suspicious if I tell him I work at a coffee shop. With Angeline.
Who is his ex-girlfriend.

L: "Uhh... haha, I work with Henny at a convenience store."

Liar.

K: "Mhm, sure you do. What's it like?"

L: "Boring."

...♡...

To cut the story short, him and I got to know each other a little better.
We talked family, hobbies, friends, addictions, obsessions, past, future, present until... he suggested we go outside to the jacuzzi.

I agreed, having already a swimsuit underneath my dress that I put on secretly so Henny didn't know about it.

Maybe it was a bit early to swim with him.

Either way, we went outside and sat by the edge of the jacuzzi right next to the pool.

We were still talking and joking around.

He even tried splashing me a little with the water which I squealed and he giggled at.

There was no awkward silences or tension. He was calm and relaxed and I really enjoyed the vibe he gave off.

Our fun time was rudely interrupted when Clinton came rushing towards Christian in a hurry.

C: "Yo, Kras! It's starting! Get your ass over here right now!"

K: "Yes, mom!"

L: "The show?"

K: "Yes. You might wanna go inside and get the front while you still can."

I smiled widely and ran off inside the club and waited for the show to start right in the front as people crowded all around the small stage.

Kras

I felt Clinton's arm slip around me as we walked to get ready for the show.

C: "You don't fuck her brains out tonight, I will."

He whispered into my ear and I scoffed at him, pushing him off and walking away.

...

The boys and I were backstage, getting ready to perform in front of the small crowd.
And I say "small" because we've performed in front of way more people before. This shouldn't be that bad, but I couldn't help but fiddle with my fingers nervously.

Lara will be watching my every move.

...♡...