Love wins

Chaewon, a brilliant detective with astute observation skills, was tasked with investigating a string of mysterious murders in Seoul. As she delved deeper into the case, she began to notice a pattern in the victims - all connected to the city's elite business world.

One name kept surfacing - Kim Minju, the young and successful CEO of a prominent company. Rumors whispered about her cold demeanor and ruthless business tactics.

As Chaewon investigated further, she began to suspect Minju might be behind the murders.

Without solid evidence, Chaewon discreetly tracked Minju's movements and actions, but the CEO's cunning nature made it difficult to catch her in the act. Frustrated and determined, Chaewon decided to confront Minju directly.

She arranged a meeting, under the pretext of discussing a potential business collaboration. Sitting across from the uncrackable CEO, Chaewon waited for the right moment to reveal her suspicions.

In the opulent private suite of her luxurious hotel, Minju welcomed Chaewon with a cool smile. She gestured for Chaewon to take a seat, her every move calculated and oozing an air of control.

Minju's demeanor was poised, her slender fingers casually tracing the edge of her coffee cup. "What brings you here, detective?"

Chaewon wasted no time, her eyes firmly on Minju. "Cut the small talk, Minju. We both know why I'm here."

The CEO's smile only grew; she leaned back in her chair, observing the detective across from her. "Oh? And why is that?"

Chaewon leaned forward, her piercing gaze locking with Minju's. "You don't strike me as the type to need things spelled out."

A flicker of amusement crossed Minju's face. "Careful, detective. Accusing me of something without evidence could get you into trouble."

As the conversation intensified, Minju's personal assistant, Yujin, quietly entered the room, carrying a tray of wineglasses. She set them down on the table, her eyes darting between the two women.

With a practiced smile, Yujin refilled both glasses, adding a subtle dose of a sedative to Chaewon's glass. She withdrew just as quickly, disappearing behind the door with a soft click.

Once Yujin had left, Minju's lips curled into a slight smirk, noticing the detective's subtle shift in demeanor. The sedative began to take effect on Chaewon, making her movements less precise, and her vision slightly blurred. Her mind foggy.

Despite the effects of the sedative, Chaewon's resolve was unwavering. She focused her gaze on Minju, willing herself to maintain her train of thought.

"You think you can get away with this," Chaewon's voice slurred slightly, "but I've got you figured out, Minju."

"Oh, have you now?" Minju chuckled, swirling her wine glass in her hand. "I must say, your persistence is quite entertaining."

Chaewon's eyelids felt heavy, the drug making it increasingly difficult to keep focus. But she couldn't let Minju get away with it.

"You're not the only one with skills," Chaewon retorted, although her words were starting to sound less coherent.

Minju observed the subtle changes in Chaewon's demeanor, amused by her futile attempts to maintain control. Her gaze, once sharp, was now unfocused, her speech becoming increasingly slurred.

"You're starting to look a little off, detective," Minju quipped, her voice laced with a hint of mockery.

Minju's smirk widened as she observed Chaewon's condition further deteriorating.