samu the food thief

three sets in and suna was exhausted. he could see the resemblance between the cousins now. they had monster genes. suna could not keep up.

during a much needed time-out, suna decided to approach the twins, curiosity taking over him.

"so their starting setter is your cousin?" he asked with an air of nonchalance even though he was feeling the opposite.

atsumu and osamu both nodded. it was scary how in sync they were with each other sometimes.

"how come i've never seen her before? did she just start going here?" suna continued.

osamu spoke up first, "nah, she's been going here and we've been having practice matches with her on the team since like, forever. you never noticed because you always run off before they start."

oh. so, if suna just never escaped these practice matches, he would've gotten to see her sooner?

the coaches and captains of both teams agreed to call the match off as it was getting late. the girls' team was surprisingly in the lead.

atsumu was talking bullshit during lunch, huh. suna should've known better than to believe him anyways.

"hey, tsumu!" a female voice called out, "how does it feel to lose a girl?" she said teasingly.

atsumu only pouted and turned away from her causing the girl to give her attention to suna. was the air always this thin in the gym?

"hey, we meet again, huh? i didn't know you went here as well, i'm l/n y/n!" she said seemingly unexhausted.

"uh, hey, i'm suna rintarou. nice to see you again, too, l/n-san." he muttered.

at that interaction, atsumu turned back around. "hold on, how exactly do you know our dear little cousin?" attempting to look and sound intimidating but failing. everyone knows suna rintarou is only afraid of kita-san.

y/n rolled her eyes, "we met at the bookstore, actually. he was buying a book while i was on shift." she explained. "also, we're literally the same age."

osamu's eyebrows went up but instead of speaking, he opted to chug more of his water. it was a pretty long match.

the only thing that came out of his mouth after was, "tsumu, i told you y/n-chan was a better setter." then he walked away, presumably to change with atsumu yelling like a madman at his tail.

suna made a face and it must have been amusing since he heard a snicker from beside him. he completely forgot y/n was there.

"my cousins are quite a handful as teammates, aren't they?" she said, "they're pretty great cousins to me, though."

suna noticed there was a story there but he didn't think they were close enough to be dropping this much lore so he just stayed quiet instead, not knowing how to respond.

luckily, or unluckily, kita saw him and roped him into cleaning duties.

"yer never escaping training or another practice match again after this." he scolded, and suna could only nod knowing better than to defy kita shinsuke.

author's notes:i'm gonna be so real with you guys i have no idea where this story is going

author's notes:
i'm gonna be so real with you guys i have no idea where this story is going .. what can i say? i live for spontaneity!