Episode 7: The Trap

On a dark and foreboding night, Ziden stood at the ominous entrance of the dungeon where he had been betrayed in his past life. The air was thick with tension, and the environment was foreboding, reflecting the turmoil within his heart. His mind was set on revenge, every muscle in his body taut with anticipation. This place had been the scene of his downfall, and now it would be the stage for his retribution.

The dungeon's entrance was like the gaping maw of a beast, cold and uninviting. Ziden's heart raced as he thought of what lay ahead. His memories of betrayal fueled his determination, his mind replaying the events that had led to his demise. Each step he took was heavy with purpose, his focus unwavering.

Deep inside the dungeon, in a hidden corner, Ziden carefully placed Daniel's body. The sight of his fallen friend, now an instrument in his plan, filled him with a mixture of satisfaction and sorrow. He meticulously arranged explosives around the area, ensuring maximum impact. Each movement was precise, his focus unwavering.

"This is where it all went wrong," Ziden thought, his heart pounding with the weight of his past. "This time, I'll be the one in control." His hands moved with the precision of an artisan, each explosive placed with care. The cold, ashen walls of the dungeon seemed to whisper his past failures, but he blocked them out, his resolve hardening with each passing second.

Ziden found a shadowy alcove to hide in, keeping a watchful eye on the dungeon entrance. The silence was almost oppressive, broken only by the distant drip of water echoing through the cavernous space. His senses were on high alert, every sound amplified in the stillness.

"They'll come. They always do," he reassured himself, his breath steadying as he prepared for the inevitable confrontation. His mind was a whirl of thoughts, each plan, and contingency carefully assessed and assayed. The ascendancy of his plan depended on his ability to stay calm and focused.

The faint glow of torches illuminated the dungeon entrance as Ziden's former friends cautiously entered. Their faces were tense, reflecting the arid atmosphere of distrust that had grown between them. The smell of the torches was almost aromatic, a sharp contrast to the cold, damp air of the dungeon.

"This place gives me the creeps," Nem muttered, his voice echoing off the stone walls.

"Stay alert. We don't know what's in here," Maria replied, his tone an attempt to be reassuring, though it betrayed his own apprehension. Their aspirations for glory had led them here, but they were unaware of the atrocity that awaited them.

As Ziden's friends approached the corner where Daniel's body was placed, Ziden prepared the explosive orb. The orb emitted a soft glow, a stark contrast to the dark surroundings, before he hurled it to block the exit. The tension in the air was palpable, each second stretching into eternity.

"Just a little closer... now!" Ziden thought, his heart racing with the thrill of imminent retribution. The moment the orb left his hand, it was as if time slowed, every detail etched into his memory.

The dungeon's main hall was suddenly filled with a deafening roar as the explosive orb detonated. The ground shook, and a massive explosion sealed the exit, trapping Ziden's friends inside. The air was filled with dust and debris, the once clear path now a chaotic mess.

"What the—?" Nem shouted, his voice barely audible over the noise.

"It's a trap! We're sealed in!" Maria yelled, panic setting in. Their realization was like an aspersion cast into the chaos, highlighting their betrayal and arrogance.

Amidst the confusion, Ziden stepped out from the shadows, his presence commanding and intimidating. His friends turned, their faces a mix of shock and fear.

"Ziden?! What are you doing?" Nem cried out, disbelief etched on his features.

"Finishing what you started," Ziden replied coldly, his eyes hard with resolve. The articulation of his words was clear, each syllable dripping with the weight of his intent.

The dungeon, now a battleground filled with smoke and rubble, became the stage for an intense confrontation. Ziden engaged his former friends in combat, his movements precise and deadly. The power he wielded, bolstered by the artifact's capabilities, made him nearly unstoppable.

"I've waited for this moment. They won't escape this time," Ziden thought, his heart pounding with a mix of rage and satisfaction. Each strike, each parry, was delivered with the skill of an artisan, his actions artless in their efficiency. The once silent dungeon was now filled with the sounds of battle, an aria of chaos and destruction.

As the dust settled, Ziden stood over the fallen bodies of his friends, his chest heaving with exertion. The silence that followed was almost aseptic, a stark contrast to the violence that had just occurred. The weight of his actions began to settle in, the reality of his vengeance sinking deep into his soul.

Suddenly, he began to hear the voices of his fallen friends in his head, haunting him. The sound was almost ashen, ghostly in its persistence.

"Why, Ziden? Why did you do this?" the voice of Nem echoed in his mind.

"It had to be done. There was no other way," Ziden thought, his internal monologue filled with anguish. His heart was a battleground of emotions, the antagonism he felt towards his friends clashing with the anguish of their loss.

Ziden's mind was a whirl of thoughts, each plan, and contingency carefully assessed and assayed. The ascendancy of his plan depended on his ability to stay calm and focused. He knew that the journey ahead would be filled with arduous trials, but he was ready. With his friends by his side and his newfound powers at his disposal, he felt a renewed sense of purpose. No matter what awaited them in the depths of the dungeon, Ziden was determined to face it head-on, his resolve unshakable.