Chapter 1: An Ending For A New Beginning

What the fuck had happened this time?

There's no actual way that they had lost as God's children right?

Adam doesn't want to see it, doesn't want to believe it, but after everything that has been said and done he actually failed his job as 'Gods First Man'.

It's shameful, disgraceful and how could Adam ever show his face again and to anyone after such a fight.

There's a spiral of emotions running through his chest, through his head, as he sits in this dark cell, it's where he's been placed for his 'bad behavior' ... Until he can 'calm down' but just what exactly is there to be calm about?

He's just lost his home, his family, and after so long and so much effort to climb the ranks bestowed up on him from his very conception. Never before has he felt so broken, so shattered, as if there was nothing left to fight for.

Well, except for Eden.

He winces at its fading memory in his head; the plants, the morning quiet, the woman he'd been placed with before tragedy settled in. That was the first time he lost his home and here he sits now in the aftermath of the recent loss. Quiet and cold... He doesn't even really care when he hears footsteps carefully approaching, heels clicking with each step.

He doesn't care until they stop only moments later and Adam hangs his head to not look.

Lucifer stands there; his eyes bright but... Gentle.

It's not like he's the beast everyone in heaven claimed him to be, at least not without reason, but seeing Adam after all this time does manage to spark something in his chest even though Lucifer does have every reason in the book to place judgement on Adam. He knows already what Adam is probably thinking; that he's a loser, a failure, a sinner because of this and as broken as he is Lucifer can't help but admire him. In more ways than just one as well.

Adam in short, had always been an amazing being.

When he was in Eden, even with how eager he seemed to get closer to Eve a part of him felt as if ...maybe he was doing so for more selfish reasons.

At first he had really come to investigate them, to see what these little mortals that had just been created were really about. He wanted to see them grow, to learn the way they thought and Lucifer had spent most of his time then simply... Analyzing them until he was given the chance to get closer. Though when he did, it seemed to have sparked conflict as many of his interactions seemed to have on others even when they were never his intention.

The apple is one of his favorites, a fruit that Lucifer had only tried a few times prior to these humans and he could admit out of many others there weren't fruits that were often so juicy... So red and plump and he saw it as a peace offering. Something he could give those humans for them to taste, to savour, to appreciate.

Originally, making Eve and Adam fall wasn't necessarily his intention and oh how tragic it was.

It was like watching brutal waves crash against a village or even the moments just before a volcano erupted but either way the outcome was life changing.

First it had settled into Eve and like the plague, as time went on it seemed to grow in Adam.. making him greedy though of course in a way that unlike that bitch, he had stayed in Heaven. Though his heart wasn't like it once was, wasn't as carefree and loving but more guarded, protective and when God had spoken to him telling him that he had allowed such a thing to happen yes Adam was pissed.

More than pissed. Having even called God out of his name, demanded answers as to why such a thing was allowed to occur to him and he definitely was punished for such berating. Spending years being lashed, whipped, and made to apologize.