1. Brotherly Punishment

After The Swap

Sam stood there, staring at his old body, with it feeling its muscles and the stubble he had worked hard to grow over time. His 18-year-old hands roamed over the six-pack he had worked so hard as well for. Meanwhile, he couldn't help but tug at the stupid sleeping shirt he was now wearing—one of his dad's old ones that Zack had taken to use as a nightshirt. It draped all the way down to his now 9-year-old knees, and Sam hated it.

He couldn't understand why his dad had to punish him this way.Why couldn't he just take away his car or ground him or something? But no, his dad thought it was a brilliant idea to test his body swap device on him and his brother.

and Zack seemed to be having the time of his life in Sam's big athletic body, the body Sam had spent countless hours in the gym working on. Meanwhile, Sam was stuck in Zack's small, skinny frame. He could feel Zack's ribs sticking out of his body, and there were no muscles anywhere on this new body.

The only silver lining was that it would only last the weekend and it was already Saturday morning. And on Sunday evening Then Dad would turn them back so only one night. But it still sucked knowing his coach would be furious that he wouldn't be playing in the Sunday game. His girlfriend would also be mad since he'd have to cancel their Saturday plans, but at least he would have his body back by tomorrow evening.

Still, standing there, feeling Zack's long, slightly curly hair—which was much lighter brown than his own, almost blond—it felt and looked weird. Zack had gotten more of their mom's looks: a cute face, with everyone from his girlfriend to his teachers, call him cute.

And Sam was used to his short hair, like all his friends had, and now this untameable hair kept falling in front of his eyes.

It was just another annoyance in this skinny body. Knowing he is going to Be seen as "cute" instead of manly and it was frustrating. and knowing he is going to have to get used to everyone thinking he was Zack for two days, with Dad insisting that no one, not even Mom, could know the truth, and it was driving him crazy. Zack loved the idea, but Sam had been begging to be swapped back.

Dad's voice broke into his thoughts. "Well, you should have thought of that before leaving your brother alone, he almost burnt down the house trying to cook pizza We left you both! and he set fire to the oven!" Zack, and of course Zack was happily watching his old body get scolded, and added "Yeah," and stuck out his tongue in Sam's body, looking ridiculous to Sam.

Sam sighed. He knew his Dad wasn't wrong. It was a stupid idea to leave Zack alone. Zack had insisted he was old enough to take care of himself, and of course, he was now too happy to mention and lie saying to Dad that he had asked Sam not to leave. But Sam agreed; he shouldn't have left an 8-year-old by himself.

But that didn't mean he deserved to be stuck in his little brother's body. It was weird looking up at his dad, who now seemed twice as tall. Seeing his old body with Zack's happy expressions on his face was just bizarre.

And Sam still thinks this is overboard knowing his dad is doing this to test his stupid bodyswap thing and complains, "This is stupid and just wrong! How can you be okay with putting me in a body that hasn't even started having hormones while Zack gets mine, which has had them for the last eight years? It feels so messed up! Please Dad turn us back. I'm sorry I left Zack alone ok? It won't happen again, and I'll accept being grounded instead of this!"

He hated the sound of his own/brother's now high-pitched voice and hated how childlike it sounded, with it sounding like when his brother wines. Zack did singing lessons, and Sam did not know how it sounded like whiny shit to him... right now.