102~ The Game begin

Author's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[After 2 days]

The news anchor straightened her hair and spoke with a serious expression, addressing the camera directly.

"We are witnessing a significant business showdown unfold between two formidable families. What began as a clash between the Singhaniya and Trivedi families has now entangled other influential players and associates families. This feud is not just shaking boardrooms but also sending shockwaves through the stock market, with volatile fluctuations observed We have more to witness. Stay tuned as we continue to track the evolving dynamics of this conflict, trying to figure out the main and confidential reason of enmity between the families leaving personal reasons aside."

Yana averted her eyes from the TV screen and glanced at her trembling mother, who was sitting in front of her, silently crying. While Yashika sat just beside her with a stoic face, playing with her food.

She felt the same emptiness, with none of her sons around. She didn't know what to do. Everything had changed so unexpectedly, in the blink of an eye.

Ardhansh had filed a case, and as per the court's order-or rather say, due to his influence-her sons would stay with their father until the hearing.

The only relief was that he hadn't made it public or revealed that they were her sons. She couldn't bear the thought of anyone speaking ill of her boys.

She didn't want to hate him; there was nothing to hate. He had made it clear that if she wanted to come to him, she could at any moment. But he didn't trust the Trivedi's to keep his sons safe here.

Now, she didn't trust herself. After all, she was a Trivedi too. She couldn't muster the courage to answer her youngest son's persistent questions.

All she could manage was to tell him she had important work to finish and would join him at his father's place soon.

But even that statement felt as hollow as her promise to give him a complete family.

She turned her gaze and saw the man who was calm and smiling lovingly at his daughter, feeding her with his hand.

He hadn't spoken a word since he arrived, only offering quiet yeses and nos to his daughter.

He had not spoken even a single word to their mother nor he asked about their deceased father or brother, it didn't shock her that he doesn't have any feeling towards this family but she just froze when her mother revealed that Kaustubh had been murdered by this very man. Yet, there was no wrath in her mother's eyes for him.

She couldn't believe someone could be so ruthless, committing such a hideous crime without a hint of regret. But His behavior didn't align with the image of a man capable of such an act.

Who would think that this handsome man, who shared similar features with her, could be a ruthless criminal?

He raped an innocent girl without any mercy, Caging her for fifteen long years, she now understood why his sister was so deeply traumatized.

She had endured it for a year and could recall the pain daily. But that girl had lived through that hellish life for fifteen years.

And she really feel pity for that poor soul, of course she heard her agonizing screams that day.

The puzzle pieces were finally coming together, though some gaps remained unsolved. Despite the emerging clarity, a sense of satisfaction was far away from her. Something still felt unresolved, nagging at her senses..

"Anny... Would you like to play with me?" Her thoughts were interrupted by the little girl's voice. And She absent-mindedly stared at her, unable to find any words.