Chapter Fourty-Six - Y/n

"Oh, I can't believe my baby is getting married," my mom says. I smile.

"Yeah, I can't believe it either. This is something I've always wanted. Now we haven't really planned anything yet. It's only been a couple of weeks since Billie proposed, but just thinking about the planning sounds horrible. It looks stressful,"

"Don't worry about that. If you already know anything that you may want, it's easy. Take it from me. I've been married twice," she says, and I laugh.

"I know you have. But I do have one question for you,"

"What is it?"

"How do you keep a marriage lasting? I feel as though at some point, it might just get boring or repetitive," she laughs a little.

"Well, there is no avoiding the boring or repetitive nature of a marriage. However, there are ways to make it feel a little less boring, but you have to figure it out. Besides, I highly doubt that a marriage with Billie Eilish is gonna get boring and repetitive. She's always got something new going on, or so I've heard," she told me.

"That is true," I sigh. I hear the front door open, and Shark starts barking. "I better go. Billie's home. Bye," I say, and I hang up and go downstairs.

"Hi, baby," she says and kisses me. "What have you been up to today?"

"I've been on the phone with my mom for most of the day. Talking about wedding planning and I just had some questions I needed to ask her,"

"Was she of any help?"

"Yeah, she was,"

"That's good,"

"So, how's the new album going?"

"That is exactly what I want to talk about,"

"Oh?"

"Finneas and I finished our very first song today, and I want you to listen to it,"

"Well, that's good. What about it do you want to talk about?" I ask.

"I want you to listen to the song. Tomorrow. You're gonna come with me to the studio," I nod and smile.

-

"It's amazing!" I tell Billie as the song she wanted me to listen to finished.

"It's about you," she says. "Obviously. I've had most of this written since I met you. I just put it away for almost two years because I never thought we would get to this point. And then we had that argument, and I almost threw it away completely. A few months ago, I got it back out, and I wanted to make it something. Specifically for you," I smile. 

"That's very cute. And I love the song so much,"

"Good. You better," she laughs. I roll my eyes and kiss her.

"Okay, you two, that's enough lovey dovey bullshit for today," Finneas says. I flip him off while still kissing Billie.

"Fuck you," I say when I finally pull away. He laughs. There's a knock on the door, and we all look over to see Claudia peaking her head in.

"Is it alright if I come in?" She asks. Billie nods.

"I thought you had plans today?" Finneas asks her.

"I did. But they got canceled. Y/n, can you come with me? I have something I need to talk to you about," I nod and get get up.

"I'll see you later," I tell Billie, giving her one last kiss before following Claudia outside. "So, what is it that you need to talk to me about?"

"I don't know," she says. "I just need to be with someone right now."

"Okay, any reason in particular?" She sighs.

"Yes. No. I don't know. I'm just extremely overwhelmed at the moment, and I'm lashing out at everyone. Finneas keeps asking what's wrong, and I don't know what to tell him," her voice starts breaking like she's getting ready to cry. I grab her arm and pull her into a hug. She immediately started crying. I start running my fingers through her hair.

"You're okay. Everything is gonna be okay. Let's just take a second and breathe," I tell her. She takes a few deep breaths. "You feeling a little better?" She shrugs. "Enough to be able to tell me what's wrong?" She nods.

"But let's not do it here. Can we go somewhere else?" I nod.

"Yeah. Yeah, we can do that. Do you want to go back to your house? Or you can come back to might," she shakes her head.

"I want to go get food. I haven't eaten in days,"

"Okay. Tell me where you would like to go and I'll drive us. We can't have you crying and behind the wheel," she laughs, and we get into my car.

I finally got home at nine. I sighed, setting my keys on the counter and making my way up to the bedroom. Right as I'm about to open the door, it opens, and Billie walks out.

"Where have you been? You haven't answered any of my calls or texts," I sigh.

"I know. I had my phone on do not disturb. I was with Claudia. She's been having a rough time over the last couple of weeks, and she was on the verge of snapping. I've been trying to figure out what was going on with her," I explain.

"What do you mean she's been having a rough time? Is she okay?" She asks as we walk into the room, and I start changing into more comfortable clothes.

"I'm really not sure, to be honest. Anytime I would ask what's going on, she would almost start crying again. I couldn't get a single word out of her other than that she was overwhelmed," she made a confused look. "Trust me. I'm just as confused as you are,"

"Is that why she said she needed to talk to you?" I nod.

"Yup. But she didn't really do much talking," I get into bed, and Billie does, too. "I'm sure she'll come around eventually and actually talk about what's bothering her. Or she'll figure it out herself and will eventually get over it on her own," I sigh.

"You don't sound very convinced that she'll do that," I start running my fingers through her hair.

"I'm not. But it's what I gotta say for now. I don't know what I can do to help her if she won't tell me anything," she nods.

"I'm sure everything will be okay,"

"Let's hope so,"