Chapter 7

╭───── ۪۫ ❁ཻུ۪۪⸙͎.' ─────╮

❝ Transcendence ❞

╰───── ۪۫ ❁ཻུ۪۪⸙͎.' ─────╯

Prince Valt's heart raced like a wild stallion as he gazed out the window of the royal carriage, watching the palace grounds' manicured lawns and meticulously trimmed hedges give way to the bustling streets of the capital city. The carriage's wheels rattled over the cobblestone roads, sending vibrations through the plush velvet seats. Valt's eyes widened as he took in the kaleidoscope of sights and sounds: merchants hawkering their wares, pedestrians hurrying to and fro, and the clang of hammering on metal from the nearby blacksmith's forge.

Naomi, his loyal nursemaid, sat beside him, her gentle hands clasping his own, her fingers adorned with the silver and sapphire rings that symbolised her station. Her soft voice was a comforting melody amidst the chaos outside. "It's going to be all right, Prince Valt. You're going to make many new friends at the academy, and you'll learn so much."

Valt nodded, trying to appear brave, but his eyes kept darting back to the passing scenery. The city was a sensory overload-the pungent aroma of fresh bread wafting from the nearby bakery, the cacophony of laughter and shouts, and the feel of the sun's warm rays dancing across his face through the carriage window.

As they approached the academy, Valt's stomach twisted with anxiety, his mind racing with worries. What would the other students be like?

The carriage slowed to a stop, and Naomi squeezed his hand, her eyes filled with encouragement. "We're here, Prince Valt. It's time to start your new journey."

With a deep breath, Prince Valt stepped out of the carriage and into the unknown, the bright sunlight casting a warm glow over the imposing stone façade of the academy.

As Valt stepped out of the carriage, the bright sunlight cast a warm glow over the imposing stone façade of the academy. He blinked, his eyes adjusting to the light, and took in the sight before him. The academy's grand entrance was a flurry of activity, with noble alphas and betas, accompanied by their parents, streaming towards the arena gathering.

The sound of laughter, chatter, and the rustling of fine silks and velvets filled the air, creating a sense of excitement and nervous energy. Valt's heart raced as he gazed upon the sea of unfamiliar faces, his mind racing with worries. Would he fit in? Would they accept him, and all?

Naomi's gentle hand on his back encouraged him forward, and Valt took a deep breath, squaring his shoulders. He descended the carriage steps, his eyes fixed on the grand entrance, where a majestic stone dragon guarded the doors. The dragon's eyes seemed to gleam in the sunlight, as if watching him, and Valt felt a shiver run down his spine.

As they made their way towards the entrance, Valt couldn't help but notice the curious glances from the other students and their parents. Some eyes lingered on him with a mixture of fascination and wariness, while others openly stared, their faces reflecting a range of emotions from disgust to pity.

Valt's face grew hot, and he felt the familiar sting of shame and embarrassment. He quickened his pace, eager to escape the scrutiny and find solace in the relative anonymity of the crowd.

But just as they reached the entrance, a voice boomed from within the arena, echoing off the stone walls. "Welcome, noble students and esteemed guests, to the prestigious DG Academy! Let the ceremony begin!"

The crowd surged forward, and Valt found himself swept up in the tide of bodies, his heart pounding in his chest. He glanced back at Naomi, who smiled reassuringly and gave him a gentle push forward.