Chapter 6

They walked for what felt like hours, the endless cyber landscape seemingly offering no hope. The only sound was the rhythmic beat of their footsteps and the occasional crackle of the air. 
Fiona, Matt, Zyan, and Lyla didn't speak, their gazes fixed on the path in front of them. The sheer monotony of their surroundings was starting to get to them. 
Finally, Lyla broke the silence.
"Has anyone else noticed..." she began, her voice tentative. 
Everyone turned to her, their faces expectant. 
"Yes?" Zyan prompted, his expression a mixture of curiosity and dread.
"It feels like the terrain keeps...shifting," Lyla said, her eyes flickering around. "Like every time we turn a corner, the landscape changes just slightly. But not just the terrain, the weather too..." 
Fiona and Matt exchanged looks, their eyes widening slightly.
"You're right," Fiona admitted, a frown creasing her forehead. "I thought it was just me." 
Zyan nodded, his eyes looking around warily. "Yeah, I thought I was imagining it too. The landscape...it's like it's not quite...stable."
"Like the laws of reality here are changing," Lyla said quietly, her voice low. "Like we're not just in a different dimension, but a dimension where the very laws of physics are...morphing." 
The implications of that sent a shiver down Fiona's spine.
"This place gets weirder and weirder," Matt muttered, his eyes flickering over the landscape fearfully. "So what, reality here is just...shifting constantly? Changing on a whim?" 
Lyla nodded, looking as uneasy as the rest of them. "I think so. The closer we are to the 10th dimension, the more unstable everything is. Even reality itself."
"This is insane," Zyan said, running a hand through his hair. "We're stuck in a dimension where even reality itself isn't fixed. How are we supposed to navigate that?"
"We just...keep moving," Lyla replied simply, though no one missed the uncertainty in her eyes. "And we hope that we can find a way out before..." 
She didn't finish the sentence, but they all knew how it ended.
The silence stretched again, each of them lost in their own thoughts. The idea that reality itself was shifting and unstable was like something out of a nightmare. But unfortunately, it was their reality now. 
As they continued their trek through the cyber landscape, the tension was palpable. Every turn, every shift in the landscape felt like they were testing the boundaries of reality itself.
As time seemed to stretch on endlessly, they came across an old, rusted sign. It stood in the middle of the path, its paint peeling and its words faded. 
Zyan was the first to walk over to it, his expression curious despite the situation.
The others followed, gathering around to read the sign. Fiona was the first to make out the words, her eyes widening slightly. 
"Caution: Reality is Unstable Beyond This Point," she read aloud.
Lyla's eyes grew thoughtful as Fiona read out the sign's warning. "You know..." she began slowly. "If some god or demon had created this dimension, they wouldn't have put a warning sign out like this."
As Lyla spoke, a dawning realization crossed her face. "Wait...if this dimension isn't made by some god or demon, then what created it? And why would it be so unstable...?"
Zyan frowned, his eyes scanning the landscape. "You think it's, like...some kind of accident? A cosmic glitch or something?" 
Fiona shook her head, her eyes narrowing. "No, it feels too deliberate. Like whatever created this wanted reality to be unstable."
"But why would anyone want reality to be, like, shifting and changing constantly?" Matt asked, his face a mask of confusion. 
Lyla bit her lip, her mind racing. "I don't know...but it can't be good. Unstable reality...it means we could get trapped here. Or worse."
The others nodded, their faces pale with fear. Even the thought of being trapped in a dimension where reality itself was unstable was terrifying. 
"We have to keep going," Lyla said suddenly, her voice firm. "We have to find a way out before this place becomes too unstable to even walk in."
"Yeah, but which way?" Zyan asked, gesturing to the endless cyber landscape in front of them. "There's no map, no guide. We're just wandering around blindly."
As they stood there, discussing their next move, they suddenly heard a soft noise. It was faint, almost lost in the air, but it was distinctly human. 
All four of them tensed, their eyes darting around the landscape. 
"Did you hear that?" Fiona hissed, her eyes wide.
As the voice echoed around them again, a chill ran down Matt's spine. Everyone recognized it. It was the same one they'd heard before they got sucked into this nightmarish dimension. 
"What the hell is that...?" Zyan muttered, his hands clenching into fists.
"I don't know," Lyla replied, her eyes darting around warily. "But it's coming from this way. We should go towards it." 
The others exchanged a quick glance, then nodded in agreement. With caution, they carefully ventured forward, following the faint sound of the voice.
As they walked, the voice got louder. Soon, they could even make out words. 
"Keep walking..." 
The words were quiet, almost a whisper, but they were distinctly audible. Everyone's heart was in their throat now, their eyes scanning the landscape for any sign of the voice's source.
"This is...really creepy," Matt muttered, his voice low. 
"Yeah, I don't like this one bit," Zyan agreed, his fingers drumming nervously on the side of his leg. 
Fiona, meanwhile, was starting to look irritated. "Who the hell is that? And why the hell are they telling us to keep walking?"
"Fiona, calm down," Matt said, putting a calming hand on her shoulder. "We don't know who it is. We need to stay rational." 
Fiona took a deep breath, shooting him a look that said Don't tell me what to do. But she managed to rein in her anger, at least for the moment.
Zyan, of course, didn't miss the opportunity to tease. "Oh, look. Two love birds in their natural habitat." 
Matt shot him a glare that could've frozen water, while Fiona just rolled her eyes, clearly not amused.
"Now is not the time, Zyan," Lyla said with a frown. Everyone's nerves were on edge, and the last thing they needed was a joke right now. 
Zyan chuckled a little, but seemed to take the hint. "Just trying to lighten the mood."
"Yeah, well, read the room," Matt retorted, his eyes still glued to the cyber landscape. "Now's not the time for jokes." 
Zyan raised his hands in surrender. "Alright, alright. No more jokes. I swear."
Zyan spoke "Well you two didn't say you both were a couple"
As Zyan spoke, Matt's eyes widened in surprise and Fiona blushed furiously. 
"Wha-we're not...we're not a couple!" Matt protested, his voice a little squeakier than usual. 
Fiona shot Zyan a venomous look. "What are you even saying, you idiot?"
Zyan chuckled, clearly enjoying himself. "Oh, come on. Don't deny it. We've all seen the way you two look at each other. You're head over heels for each other." 
Matt sputtered in protest, while Fiona looked a mixture of embarrassment and anger. 
"Shut up, Zyan," she snapped. "We're not a couple. And even if we were, it's none of your business!"
Zyan let out a yelp as Lyla's hand connected with the back of his head. 
"Ow! What was that for?!" he protested, rubbing his head and giving her an injured look.
"That's for being a nosy idiot," Lyla said irritably. "And for being so insensitive. We're literally in a strange, unstable dimension and all you can think about is shipping people."
Zyan winced, rubbing his head. "Alright, alright. Point taken. I'll drop it. But seriously, you guys...it's obvious there's something between you two." 
Matt was once again sputtering, his face almost as red as a tomato, while Fiona's eyes were shooting daggers.
"There's nothing between us!" Matt protested again, looking wildly between Zyan and Fiona. 
"Yeah, that's right!" Fiona agreed, her cheeks still glowing. "We're just...just friends. Best friends. That's it!" 
Zyan just gave them both a skeptical look, clearly not buying it.

"Keep walking..." 
The voice echoed around them again, a little louder this time. Everyone's attention immediately shifted back to the mysterious voice. 
"What the hell..." Matt muttered, his eyes darting around to locate the source.
"I don't like this," Fiona whispered, her eyes also scanning the surroundings. "Why the hell are they telling us to keep walking? And who is it?"
"I don't know," Lyla replied, her brow furrowed in thought. "But if we want to find a way out, we might not have a choice but to follow their instructions." 
The others nodded reluctantly, their unease palpable. Still, they had no other leads to follow. With trepidation, they continued walking in the direction the voice echoed from.
As they continued walking, the realization sunk in: it was the same voice. The voice that had called out before the portal had opened at Matt's house. The voice that had led them here, into this hellish dimension. 
"Wait a minute..." Zyan said suddenly. "This is the same voice we heard at Matt's house. Right?"
Everyone froze as the realization hit. Yes, it was the same voice. The voice that had led them into this nightmare. 
"Do you think...do you think they caused this?" Lyla said quietly. "The voice...do you think they're responsible for this whole mess?"
"It seems likely," Fiona said grimly. "If it's the same voice, it seems they're the reason we're stuck here. And if they want us to keep walking...we might not have a choice."

As they reached the source of the voice, their eyes widened in surprise. There, ahead of them, was a figure standing in the shifting cyber landscape. It looked human, but there was something...off about it. It was strangely distorted, almost as if they blended in with the unstable surroundings.

"Who...?" Fiona began, her voice trailing off. 
The figure looked up, turning its head towards them. But instead of a face, all they saw was static. It was as if someone had taken a human shape and blended it with the shifting, glitching environment.

"Is...is it human? Or...or something else?" Matt whispered, taking an unconscious step back. 
The figure cocked its head to the side, as if studying them. It didn't speak, but they could feel its gaze on them, its presence oppressive and unnerving.
As the figure spoke, its voice was now filled with distortion, but they could just make out its words: 
"Go forward..." 
With that, the figure dissolved into the shifting cyber landscape, blending in with the environment and disappearing from sight. 
There was a moment of tense silence, everyone staring at the spot where the figure had just been.
"What...the hell was that...?" Zyan said, his voice betraying his unease. 
"I...I don't know," Fiona replied, her voice shaky. "But it's clearly connected to all of this. It led us here, and now it's telling us to go forward."