chapter 1

some of you might recognise the story I wrote it initially on my marjoreece one shots but then i decided to compile it into a story making it more definitive and cohesive. - milo Xx

Pelting the car the rain made the road indescribable as Reece drove Marjorie home. He knew the storm ahead scared her so he softly placed his palm upon her thigh for reassurance rubbing her leg soothing her nerves. Parked up outside her house, Marjorie didn't want to feel alone in this weather. The rain always gave her an overwhelming feeling of isolation and encapsulating darkness, so she invited Reece to accompany her. "Of Course my love I'll come and join you" he spoke, slightly glad as he always felt compelled to stay with her as long as possible, he'd never understand what he had done to deserve such a wonderful woman like Marjorie.

As they walked to the door Marjorie's clothes became soaked with water causing the material to cling to her figure making reece unable to look anywhere bar his girlfriends stunning body. Pushing the door open, Marjorie turns around to see Reece standing there in awe,"you coming in babe?" marjorie asked,"yes of course, I just can't get over how hot you are.". She smiled as she locked eyes with his lips pushing him against the wall with her palms holding her up against him as her gaze traveled north meeting his beautiful brown eyes, she could see how turned on he was. "I love you" she muttered as they were staring at each other wrapped with passion. "You too". Marjorie's expression faded. "Reece?" marjorie pushes,"yes my love?" he replied with concern, unaware of what had suddenly changed .

"Do you love me?" she asked with nothing but rejection reflected in her eyes. "What question is that, of course I do",he knew where this conversation was headed and it filled his entire soul with trepidation. "Then say it '' marjorie sternly ordered,"I,I can't. But Marjo" attempting to finish his sentence however the wrath of marjorie's emotions cut him off. "What the fuck is this then, a fun hook up, a chance to mess the woman who is incapable of being loved around. Reece, I told you EVERYTHING! What have I done to deserve this!" screaming as her whole perception of love caved in, had she really been so naive to believe she was worthy of this man. Surely not. She firmly ran her fingers through her hair as she tried to comprehend how she could have been so vulnerable in front of a man who seemed to just disregard her feelings.

"Marjorie!I don't expect you to understand but for some reason I just can't say it but I truly do feel that way towards you" he pleaded as she refused to accept any of these excuses. Silence filled the room as he watched his true love's eyes fill with his pain as his past rolled down her face and of her cheeks. She uncontrollably sobbed for what felt like an eternity until the seal broke with Marjorie emotionally shouting"Reece why can't you love me, was I that stupid, was this all a lie, but after all of this, the opening up, the vulnerability and yet you can't even express how you love me" Catching her breath between the deafening sobs Reece just stood there in complete and utter pain seeing how his problems even all these years later still stood between him and the woman he loved. "Marjorie, please I can explain, '' he said, trying to reassure his inconsolable girlfriend, if he could still even call her that.

She paced back and forth trying to reconfigure her thoughts however how could she, in her eyes Reece has just broken her heart, in a moment of rage she just groaned and ran over to the door. Reece was stunned; he felt as if he watched the life he was trying to build collapse around him watching the hurt child version of himself reappear. Unable to move he felt a tear emerge out his eye and roll down his cheek. "Leave now" Marjorie screamed as she swung her front door open with such force it slammed into her wall leaving a mark, Reece emerged from the shadows which had comforted his emotions this evening as he tried so hard to believe this wasn't true but he stepped out just facing marjorie in silence. Pouring down his face the rain concealed the tears which refused to go away both so in love yet so apart right now. A faint whisper slipped out of Reese's mouth yet inaudible to marjorie."What I can't hear you" she cried out, "I'm so sorry Marjorie your right you deserve the world and I can't give you that". "I don't want the world, just not a you too" she retorted slamming the door on Reece's feeble state as she slid down the back of the door crouching mimicking the fetal position, Reece stood the other side with his head buried in sorrows and self deprecating thoughts.

Both just wanted the other's arms wrapped around creating a barrier of comfort. Two words "you too" tearing apart two souls destined for each other.