chapter 2

Clouds of sorrows accumulated overhead as the both yearned for each other's comfort. How could they have let it go this far.

Marjorie slid down the door immediately as she shut out Reece, rage and guilt clouded her judgment. Unable to get over his betrayal, Reece's lack of audible love, however she also hadn't given him a chance to explain, articulate why he was unable to express his love for her. Doubt soon encrypted all her thoughts, unable to decipher why she wanted or the meaning of their relationship. Extending her arm she hesitantly reached for her only extension to reece, does he even want to hear from her. Confusion ran round as she caught her breath in between nerve inducing sobs, had she really lost him, why could he love her? Dialing his phone number she restricted her own abilities, scared she might add fuel to the fire she created.

Burning his head in his chest Reece gave in to his emotions releasing all the pent up tears he had held back from Marjorie nervous to show vulnerability but that had led him nowhere. If only he had explained, if he had shown his soft side. After all these years he couldn't believe his mum still impacted his one love Marjorie. Excruciatingly overwhelming anger caved it's way through his entangled mind, rain slowly seeping through his clothes and closer to his chest, if only Marjorie could replace this water, comforting him instead of isolating him. Having enough of the cold Reece headed to his car leaving the murder of his love, childhood memories flooded back as he opened himself to uncharted emotions.

Managing to stand up she wandered back to her bed contemplating what she had done, and what she could do. Unsure whether to contact the one stable thing in her life, the one bodie who made her feel safe with gentle gestures of reassurance. She needed him but did he need her, this question was engraved into her head, insecurities overflowing as she began to wonder what was a lie or if any of it was real.

That's it, she needed him. Phone in hand she avoided his contact trying to reassure herself that he wasn't necessary, ultimately she called him. Buzz, buzz, buzz...

Reeces gaze wandered south as he viewed his phone, eager to pick it up but scared to answer. Was this an extension of her anger, did she need him. Of Course not or else she wouldn't have kicked him out. Ignoring the situation he disregarded her signal fearful of her thoughts and his possible consequences.

Distressed she calls autumn nervous to unravel tonight's actions.

"Marjorie? It's bloody 01:43 am what do you want?" Hearing the laboured breathing and cries she reiterates her words "Marjorie? What's going on?"