Prologue

Willowtalk: The death of Justin Willow

Written by Jordan Willow

05-02-2024: Yesterday Justin Willow (67) the creator of this newspaper passed away. Me, Jordan Willow Justin's son takes the paper over. And Justin's wife is going to retire from the café The Willow. The waitresses Macy Everhart and Claire Stewart are taking over the café. This paper is still selling (only) at the café. The funeral of Justin takes place on the 7th of Febuary at the graveyard of this town Flores.

My love Harriet,

Only you can read this. I got barney's letter. They are going to get us. But I am going to make sure they don't do anything to you.

See you in the afterlife,

Justin

Tears are dripping on the letter. Justin puts down his pen. Folds the letter and puts it in an envelope. He puts it on his wife's bedside table. He knows he doesn't have long to live. They can come for him any moment. He doesn't know whether he will be taken away or killed right away. He was stupid, very stupid. But he had no choice. There's a loud knock on the door. The person is knocking as if he has no time and it is his last seconds to live . But actually it's Justin's. He knows when he opens the door that he won't end up alive. But if he doesn't open the door he ends up the same.