Are You Interested?

I'll provide a glossary at the end of every part until I get an alternative to my Google Site figured out. If you don't understand any words, or the way a word is used, just go ahead and scroll down for that! All words in the glossary are marked with a (!).

Coaster Dragons is a fantasy book about dragons living in another plane of reality to Earth. They're based on rollercoasters - living and demolished - and control the status and well-being of their coaster with their own mental and physical health. The overlords of the paradragon(!) universe are beginning to fall. Their plan to secure immortality failed -- and now it's up to the mortals of their dimension to save the sky from (literally) falling. Secrets, betrayal, and wrath buried deep beneath the surface are getting unearthed, and it's a race against the clock as all hell is unleashed on a once peaceful world.
I, if you haven't figured it out yet, took a lot of inspiration from WOF. You will see a lot of parallels, even if some of them are unintentional (oops).

I will be using rollercoasters from Six Flags. (Which used to also be Cedar Fair, but the companies merged recently and therefore have the same owner under that title) I don't know if I have to, like, credit Six Flags for the coasters and the locations or something, but if I do, here it is:

ALL CREDIT FOR LOCATIONS AND ROLLERCOASTERS USED IN THE SERIES GOES TO SIX FLAGS.

There are two series planned for Coaster Dragons: the main storyline and a spin-off called Park Files. Think of the Winglets and the Legends series in Wings of Fire. Park Files will dive a little into the lore of side characters, new characters, and antagonists. Anyone who didn't get their side of the story explained in the initial run.

There are seven books outlined for the main storyline. Here they are with a synopsis!

1: Rise of the Forgotten
Orion is brand new to this fascinating world. He doesn't have many friends but at least he has a peaceful, quiet existence. He couldn't ask for more. He gets that "more", however, when suddenly the fate of all of Kings Island rests on his shoulders. There's an ancient danger lurking in the air. Something isn't right, and apparently he's the missing piece to it all -- With an untouched power flowing in his veins that he needs to learn to control -- fast.
Banshee, on the other talon, has many friends. The question is whether or not they're real. She doesn't trust them at all and needs a way to test their loyalty. When a mysterious spirit offers help, Banshee is all too eager to accept. Soon she finds herself stuck in a deal she can't escape from, and a friend she is being forced to betray.

2: Falling Stars
Corkscrew witnessed the drowning of his best friend, Wicked Twister. That was years ago, yet it haunts him to this day. He hasn't dared trudge into the waters of Lake Erie to look for her attacker. But now, fate says he has to. A comet that fell into the lake may hold a warning that could change the course of history. A young Dragon, Wild Mouse, is also on the case. When a Fatal(!) spawned into the world on the night of Wicked Twister's murder, she sought to learn everything she could about Cedar Point -- and perhaps solve a mystery that has lingered over the lake for years.

3: Toxic Dreams
And we're back at Kings Island. While Orion and Banshee's story may be over (for now), another dragon has one to share. Mystic Timbers absolutely hates other dragons. Socializing is on the bottom of his list of hobbies. His ideal life revolves around staying in his forest forever where nothing bad can happen to him. The universe has other plans, though. A Forgotten(!) has been recruited to spread a deadly mind plague over the park. Mystic Timbers, coincidentally, has just the instinct(!) to carry through with this plan. He finds his world flipped upside down as his mind is taken over by a life threatening disease. The rest of the world is next.
It's up to Adventure Express and Backlot Stunt Coaster, two of the biggest underdogs in the park, to save Timbers before he finds himself destroying the universe against his will.

4: Cyberattack
All Fury 325 has ever wanted was silence. Please, for just one moment, can't the world be quiet? She's tired of listening and speaking and just everything to do with noise.
Under the surface, in a digital realm, a robot doppelganger is willing to grant that wish. Fury is suddenly stuck in a pocket dimension with everything she has always wanted -- silence. Now she's forced to watch Carowinds crumble under the wrath of the robot copycats. And she can't speak a word. Fury will have to reverse her curse in time to save the park from a digital takeover.

5: Out of the Woods
The queen of Canada's Wonderland, Leviathan, has a horrible curse. A shadow forced her and her subjects out of their home and into a forest that they thought would provide safety from the demon. When it finally finds them in the woods, Leviathan realizes she can't run from her problems forever. She has to convince her subjects to return to the park before dragons die.

6: Dominion of Fear
Dragons are dying. All over, violence is taking Kings Dominion by storm. The land is scarred with a deep hatred between dragons that would have been best friends just a couple years ago. As more strange meteors fall from the sky, less and less of reality makes sense. Project 305 is the only dragon with healing abilities. He used to see it as a sign of weakness, but now it may be the only thing keeping the park from tearing apart -- if he gathers the courage to use it.

7: Stardom
This is supposed to be the resolution of the storyline. Sadly, I haven't gotten this far yet but I will work on it, I swear!

That's the outline of the main series so far! Questions, comments, concerns? Share your thoughts! Please let me know if you're interested in this story! It will motivate me to post more.

(This is mostly just to make myself feel better but: please don't have too high of expectations for the series. The plot isn't gonna always make sense and the writing isn't gonna be the most miraculous thing you've ever set your eyes upon. I'm trying, but I'm definitely not perfect!)

Rise Of The Forgotten coming soon (hopefully)

Glossary

Paradragon - Parallel dragon. The umbrella term that includes all kinds of dragons that exist in the theme park universe.

Fatal - A void black, demonic but dragonlike creature that spawns when a paradragon commits an act of violence. Their only intention is to kill and destroy, and will not let anything stand in their way. Vicious murder machines in a dragon's body.

Forgotten - dragons banished to Hell (called the Forgotten Caverns, or the Forbidden Caverns for Canada's Wonderland).

Instinct - the unique superpower that every Coaster Dragon possesses. Is usually tied into the theming of their rollercoaster. Paradragons representing flat rides (Flats), water rides (Rapids), and dark rides (Shadows) do not have an instinct.