𝟐𝟕| 𝖇𝖔𝖞 𝖔𝖗 𝖌𝖎𝖗𝖑?

TESSA SMILED DOWN at her son who was happily walking beside her after they got out of the car, holding her hand as always while Baxter followed them

TESSA SMILED DOWN at her son who was happily walking beside her after they got out of the car, holding her hand as always while Baxter followed them. As they entered the clubhouse and Sawyer spotted Abel, the five-year-old looked up at his mother.

"Can I play with Abel, mommy?", he asked sweetly.

"Sure, go. But stay close, we'll be leaving soon", Tessa explained, ruffling his hair.

"Okay!" And gone he was, faster than the wind.

Once Sawyer was gone, Baxter took off too to look for Tig, knowing exactly the man would spoil him with extra treats.

The Laney woman shook her head with a soft chuckle as the two boys greeted each other with a big hug before disappearing around the corner, mischief shining in their eyes.

"The older they get, the more mischief they have on their minds. I wonder what they're up to now." Gemma wrapped her arms around Tessa before placing her hands on her hips, proudly looking down at the small baby bump before her eyes met Tessa's again. "How are you, baby?"

"Yeah, I think we've got a lot to come", Tessa said confidently, sucking her teeth. At Gemma's question, her lips curled into a smile, gently rubbing a hand over her belly. "He or she was pretty active last night. I can feel all the movements better everyday."

"This is the best phase. I loved feeling Jax and Thomas growing inside me." Gemma hummed wistfully at the memories, folding her arms. "You have an appointment today, right?"

Tessa nodded, her eyes full of excitement and anticipation. "Yep, in an hour. We're just waiting for Happy and then we'll leave. I really hope we'll finally find out what it's going to be."

"Jax, Happy and Quinn should be back soon", Gemma told her, grinning forebodingly. "I have a good feeling about todayᅳ I'm think we can finally throw the baby shower soon."

Tessa snorted a laugh. "You really can't wait to finally organize the party, huh?"

"You know me, sweetheart", the matriarch winked, bumping her shoulder against Tessa's. "If I can't organize a party every few weeks, I'm not happy."

Three months had passed since Cal's death, three months in which Tessa had felt complete inner peace. Without constant worry, Happy and Tessa could simply enjoy family time with Sawyer, knowing that there was no one else out there anymore wanting to hurt her or the five-year-old.

But in those three months, the baby had not yet decided to show itself, almost driving the couple crazy. Happy tried not to show how impatient he was when it came to finally finding out if he was going to have a son or a daughter, but Tessa noticed how tense and expectant he was at every appointment they had, his eyes permanently fixed on the screen.

Then the slight disappointment in his eyes every time there was no news about the gender. Still, both were happy to hear that the baby was healthy, a normal size and had a strong heartbeatᅳ that was really all that mattered.