grind never stops

y/n walked up the stairs to her bedroom like molasses. the adrenaline of playing three matches slowly departing from her body and being replaced by a quiet excitement.

she was right about bookstore guy– or suna rintarou, as she now knows– going to her school. oh, how she loved being right.

she didn't know quite what to do with herself and the information she just got. sure, she thought he was cute at the store, she still does, but what now?

they aren't friends, more like... aquaintances, maybe. but they could be, and maybe in the future more?

y/n shook her head, trying to ground herself and her thoughts. where was she going with that train of thought? she had only spoken to the guy twice and she was already thinking of becoming more? this is dangerous.

just then, her phone dinged with a notification from an unknown number.

xxx-xxx-xxx

hey this is suna rintarou

from the boys vb team

i got ur no. frm ur cousins
btw hope u don't mind

y/n saved xxx-xxx-xxx as sunarin

hey!

it's fine idm!

what's up?

just wanted to tell u
that ure a rlly good setter

i see where atsumu gets it
from 😏

HAHA DON'T LET HIM
HEAR YOU SAY THAT

but thank you! guess all
my extra training paid off? hehe

yeah .. see u around
l/n

see you!

and just call me y/n haha
liked by sunarin

switching off her phone after her short conversation with the middle blocker, y/n plopped herself down onto her bed with reddening cheeks and a horrifying revelation.

oh my god, i have a crush.

it wasn't like suna was her first crush, but he was the first one in a long time. as in, her last crush was on aran ojiro when they were in the first grade kind of long.

since then, her main focus has been on volleyball and volleyball only. well, until now. and out of everyone, it just had to be suna rintarou.

she hadn't really heard of him at school, the first time she'd ever even seen him was that day at the store. besides, the only name that came out of the girls at her school's mouths was 'miya atsumu'.

it was a little strange that tsumu had more fangirls than samu even though they had the exact same face but maybe it had something to do with their personalities? nah, knowing how tsumu thinks about his fangirls, that probably wasn't the case. just like y/n, all he knew and cared about was volleyball.

to stop herself from jumping into that rabbit hole of thoughts, y/n stood up and changed out of her uniform to hopefully get some homework done. she was procrastinating on them since she was busy analyzing her team's previous matches the other night and the night after.

after all, the grind never stops when it comes to the miyas. except maybe when they're hungry, their family loves food more than anything.

 except maybe when they're hungry, their family loves food more than anything

samu

i tried a new onigiri
recipe

come over before tsumu eats
them all
y/n reacted with 🫶

COMING!!!