Chapter 2 - What is this Monstrosity?

"So.. Not here to intrude into you and your party's business but, why are you bringing that monster with you?" Walking along with the group, [name] questioned the tall-man as he carried the gigantic mushroom by the feet as they were heading towards the plaza.

"We're having this for lunch!" He immediately responds with no hesitation. If anything, he looked pretty excited.

"Well, it would have been greater if we had another ingredient or two, but.."  He sighed until he stopped and listened in to the background noises.

"Those.. are the footsteps of a huge scorpion!" He yelled out as he ran with his sword in hand, leaving his party and the elven stranger behind.

Ah, this guy..

He's crazy, isn't he?

Staring at their party leader running off, [name] pointed at him while she gazed at his party members with a look of bewilderment.

"Is this man being for real? Please tell me he's joking." She questioned while her eyes went from them, to their leader, then back at them.

With a look of uncertainty between the two, the half-foot sighed as his hands rested on the back of his head while the blond elf held her staff closer.

"We lost all our stuff somewhere in the lower floors, and someone from our party magicked us outta there." The Half-foot vaguely explained as they were walking towards the 1st floor. It was quite lively and crowded with many adventurers and merchants.

"In short, we're broke." He added as they stared at their party leader, crouched in front of a hole in the wall.

The three of them, with some other adventurers looked at him weirdly as he captured the scorpion as if it was crayfish.

"Don't catch it like it's a crayfish." The blond elf voiced out what the lot of them were thinking about the scene. Though, after she said that, he started rambling about how the scorpion was a lot more easier to catch than an actual crayfish.

"..Hey." The half-foot intervened his passing of knowledge as he confronted their leader about something that's been in his mind.

"Admit it. You've been waiting for a chance to eat this stuff, haven't you?" He had his hands on his hips as he confronted the actual motive or maybe the side quest his leader was itching to do for ages.

His leader, staring at the half-foot blankly at first, slightly blushed after as he was finally found out.

"I really do want to save my sister though." Yeah. Yeah. Definitely. He reasoned, his voice sheepish. His party had shared a look and sighed.

"I've never really said anything, but... I like monsters. Their types, their..-" He continued on, his face serious.

[name] was out in the sidelines, silently watching the three as she prayed in respect to the tombs around. She was giving the many adventurers around the stink eye as they used the headstones as tables.

"Do they not have any respect in them? How could they use a headstone as a table! Maybe i should bury them myself and make their headstones as actual tables instead.." She mumbled, her eyes squinting in anger. She looked away from the different adventurers (but she was actually cursing them in her mind), and focused on one specific party from the distance.

She watched as they headed towards the plaza, she didn't follow them, cause why would she? It's not like she had anything to do with that party. But she was a bit concerned for the Elf and Half-foot duo, they had a pretty crazy leader.. But she wouldn't try to help them out of pity or anything.

Though.. She could maybe stay near, just incase they poison themselves.. Yeah, she definitely could, but they didn't really have the money for compensation...

She grumbled under her breath as she paced around. She didn't know whether she should go and loot off of them for their small amount of money or just heading straight down.

They're broke, why should she even try to loot off of them?? The half-foot clearly told her that they're eating monsters because of it, for heavens sake!

She ran a hand through her hair in frustration.

'It's kinda risky going alone looking for a missing person though..' She reasoned with herself in her mind. She slowly walked towards the plaza in a slight haze.

She could be making the worst or the best decision ever in her life for this.

—————

Uh, so yeah. I don't really know where i'm going with this story, but whatever comes to mind, goes here.

Random motivation out of nowhere, i might actually make another chapter by today or tomorrow (⁠人⁠*⁠´⁠∀⁠`⁠)⁠。⁠*゚⁠+

Also, i kinda gave up on the writing style. My Wattpad just doesn't want to cooperate with me ;;

Expect some random chapter editing at random times throughout reading <3