XLVI - Hallow's Prologue

Sorry for the lack of Canon chapters everyone!!
I worked my ass off to finished the collab ones while missing sleep and on a tight schedule.
Summer school is on my back, and high school nightmares are starting soon.
I hope you all understand.
Thank you for helping me reach this far.

.....

Enjoy the story!
(After 2 billion years, I suppose..)

[DogDay]

Brr..
It's only October, and it's already hella cold..
My naked chest is not ready for this..
Once I got out of bed, I immediately went into the bathroom to shower. Hot water it is, I ain't risking getting frozen.
Even with the warm stream trickling through my fur, I'm still shivering from the chilliness..
....
Staying in the water for too long might make me sick too, so I just showered quickly and got out of the shower.

I decided to go with an even thicker sweater this time. It's absolutely comfortable, until you start sweating...
But that rarely happens, so nothing to worried. Unless I get into another fight or start to freak out for no reason at all.
...

....

(D-Day) "Kitty! Wake up! It's snowing!"
(C-Nap) "Five more minutes... calm down.."
(D-Day) "Really, CatNap? You don't really want to miss it again this year? We can have snowball fights! Or build snowmen! Or make Angels!
(C-Nap) "Keep it down.. puppy.. I'll get up.."

CatNap has never sounded so tired before.
Still, I watched as that purple figure climbs outside of the blanket, and loom into the bathroom.
I think he stayed up late last night again, I remember me being the first one to get in bed.
....
He's playing that Smash game with Kickin again..
Who the hell names a game "Smash Bros"..?
How do you even play it anyways?
Fuck each other on a couch?
...
I hope not.
CatNap would never do that.

..
I'm just imagining things. It's probably a video game..
I should take a chill pill
...

I headed downstairs, to wait for CatNap with his morning bathroom routine.
And oh boy, it's even colder than before.
What's wrong with Winter this year..? Last year it wasn't this cold.
..

To my surprise, I was greeted with Picky holding a pumpkin

(D-Day) "Ah, good morning, chef! Is that a pumpkin?"
(Picky) "Yeah, you're right! It's indeed a pumpkin! Fresh from the market!"
(D-Day) "Ooh! Are you making Pumpkin Soup for breakfast?? Don't forget the garlic bread too!"
(Picky) "Silly dog, haha! No, I'm not making soup"
(D-Day) "Aww... then.. what's the pumpkin for?"
(Picky) "To make Jack-O-Lantern, of course!"
(D-Day) "Jack-O-What?"
(Picky) "Let me guess, you forgot, again?"

I don't know why I got so excited..
And..
IT'S HALLOWEEN ALREADY?!
....

I rushed upstairs, to my shared room with CatNap. I jolted through the door, and picked up the calendar on the desk.

Friday
30 October

Oh..
Picky's right.
It's the October Thirty.
Halloween is tomorrow.
..
She's right again, I totally forgot!
All of the memories and fun times of the previous Halloweens are coming back to me right now. I remember me and my friends trick-or-treating and dressing up as silly little goobers and wandering around the streets.
Oh the good old days...
...
I just realized, I'm going to be able to spend a Halloween.. with CATNAP this year!