Chapter 3

They can't see each other often; it's too risky. Malori understands that, but it's still so hard to let Asahi out of her arms. She thought back every moment she'd spent with him lying alone in the cold, empty bed. Only the knowledge that they would soon be together forever gave her strength.

On the second day, her shower head broke. It took an hour to fix it. And on the third day, she needed the services of a massage therapist. That gave her and Asahi three whole hours alone in each other's arms.

Standing in the bathroom doorway, Malori watched wistfully as he adjusted the makeup on his face. Asahi had already wrapped a turban around his head to hide his horns and donned a long, thick cloth dress, transforming into a burly, buxom demoness with powerful arms and large, expressive eyes.

"You know that jester downstairs has a crush on me," Asahi grinned at his reflection and started applying mascara to his eyes. "He offered to give me a massage when I was done here."

Malori chuckled.

"But don't worry, he's not my type."

Asahi winked at her and admired the results of his efforts. His face was more rounded, the corners of his eyes crinkled, his cheeks flushed, and his plump lips curved into a playful smile. Perhaps the laughing plump woman could really have a queue of lovers lined up behind her. Malori felt a sudden pang of jealousy and was surprised at herself.

"Do you have anything for me?" Asahi asked, packing the entire makeup kit into a small purse.

Malori returned to the bedroom and opened the jewelry box. She brushed off the bracelets and chains at once - Mammon liked it when she wore them for him. Only for him. Therefore, he will notice it was missing right away. Hairpins, while pretty, were not too expensive. She chose a gold ring with a large heart-shaped emerald surrounded by smaller diamonds. Mammon's very first gift. When she moved in with him.

With some regret, she handed the ring to Asahi. He had hidden it in his purse as well. She had no sentimental feelings, but she liked the ring.

"I'm almost done." His voice was higher, softer, just right for the buxom demoness. " I'll get back to you soon."

She didn't know all the details of the plan. Only in general terms. Asahi planned to arrange for her kidnapping. After that, Mammon will find her body burned beyond recognition and will not continue the search. And Malori, Asahi, and their son will live together somewhere as far away from the Greed Ring as possible. Maybe in Sloth? Where time runs smooth and measured. Or in Envy on one of the islands. Malori didn't know that. Nor did she know where Asahi would get a suitable body to deceive the Sin of Greed.

Swaying his ample hips, Asahi made his way to the milky white doors leading to the elevator lobby. Malori followed, holding his hand and knowing that they wouldn't see each other again until after her 'kidnapping'.

"Let's run away now," she suddenly suggested at the door. "While he's gone."

Asahi smiled indulgently at her and stroked her hair.

"Wait a little longer, okay?"

She hugged him tightly, pressing her body against his. She breathed in his scent one last time and snorted unhappily. He smelled of feminine perfume and massage oil.

"Hurry up," she asked, unclasping her arms. Asahi touched her cheek with his palm one last time and disappeared behind the milky white door.