⌗ 𝟬𝟭 | ❛ 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 ❜

━━ 𝗔𝗦𝗦𝗔𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗡 ₊˚ෆ

━━ 𝗔𝗦𝗦𝗔𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗡 ₊˚
... 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗹𝗼!

ˢᵘᵈᵃʸ
⌗ ❛ 𝗩𝗜𝗔 ❜

Three famous new england clam chowders sat on the wooden tables. One thing was off, there was no basket of fries. The best fries in cape cod usually were on the table, but not this year.

Molly never enjoyed clam chowder, she said it was too rich and hot for a summer day. So she always ordered those crisp fries.

"Can I help you to anything else?"

The redhead waitress asked us. It was like she knew something was wrong. Molly always took care of ordering the fries, every time she would say 'I'd love your biggest basket, extra cheese'.

My parents gave each other knowing looks as if they were gonna order, but nothing came out their mouths.

"Um ya, a basket of truffle fries please, extra cheese." I told her mumbling that last part which she probably didn't hear.

"Oo those are my favorite, i'll have that right out." She offered me a small smile before walking off into the kitchen.

An uncomfortable silence spread across the three us, nobody knowing what to say.

"To Isabelle and Aiden." My dad cleared his throat while raising his glass.

"And to making our way back to the vineyard. It's been way too long" My mother chimed in and we all clicked our glasses together.

She's right it's been almost two years since I've been to this place. We'd been vacationing here my whole life, but last summer we were stuck in our house in upstate New York.

I stirred around my spoon, picking up chunks then plopping them back in the soup.

˚⋆。 ˚

One thing that I hadn't missed about our trip to the vineyard was the Falmouth Steamship Authority. There was always so much going on.

Cars upon cars piled in different numbered lanes waiting to be put on the boats. I pulled my wavy hair into a quick braid, weaving it through my fingers.

As we made our way over to our black jeep, our red golden retriever, Rusty, had his head out the window panting loudly.

"Olivia can you give some water?" I nodded and pulled out a cold water from our cooler in the trunk.

When we got Rusty a few years ago my parents had taught him had to drink like a human, they thought it'd be helpful when we donny have his dog bowl.

Not much later it was our turn to be loaded onto the boat.

"Wait! Can you open the sun roof, please." I tapped my dad as the worker directed our car onto the boat.