Chapter Seventy-Eight

A year had passed, and Rocket's life was slowly getting better. She has her children living with her in a secured mansion in Italy where they wouldn't see the dangerous life that they witnessed before. Naging mabuting father-figure si Giorgio sa kanyang mga anak at tulad ng pinangako nito sa kanya, kahit minsan ay hindi nito binanggit ang organisasyon tuwing kaharap ang mga anak niya.

Isang taon na din ang lumipas ngunit gano'n pa din ang lagay ni Regan. Although his violent response to other people lessened, he still wouldn't talk to anyone, and he'd still stare at nothing. Rocket often visits Regan in a private home as his family allowed Giorgio to let him get treatment in Italy.

"Mama?" nabalik si Rocket mula sa kanyang iniisip nang marinig ang boses ni Rogue at sa likod nito ay si Rebel na tahimik na nakamasid. Anim na taon na ang mga anak niya at nagaaral na ng grade school.

"Yes, hun?"

Rogue slowly approached her before he clasped his hands behind him and pouted. "Mama, can I ask you a question?"

"What is it baby?" she smiled and caressed his cheek.

"Where is Papa?" natigilan siya sa tanong nito. Her children never asked anything about Regan; not until now.

She gently pulled Rogue closer and let him sit on her lap. Rebel then stood in front of her. "Why are you asking about Papa?"

"Because..." he paused and looked up to him. Napatitig naman si Rocket sa lungkot na naaninag niya mula sa kulay tsokolate nitong mga mata. "He promised me that he'll come back for me."

"Rogue..."

"That's why I'm asking you, Mama. Rebel doesn't ask about Papa, but Papa promised me."

"Anak, your Papa can't come right now."

"Why?" Rebel finally asked. "You never tell us about mister, Mama. You never tell us that mister is our Papa."

"You're still young to understand it before, baby." She said and tousled his hair. Sa kambal ay si Rebel ang matalas ang pagiisip. He always asks unusual questions that other kids with his age wouldn't ask. As Rebel grows up, he's starting to be curious about a lot of things and Rocket couldn't help but to be surprised whenever he speaks about how he wanted to be someone that everyone would fear when he grows up.

"We want to see Papa." Rogue said.

"I want to see mister." Rebel added.

Sakto naman na bumukas ang front door ng mansion at pumasok si Giorgio kasama si Felipe at ang babaeng anak nito. Rogue immediately jumped from her lap and ran towards Addie, who's the same age as them.

"Dad!" Malakas na sigaw ni Rogue at yumakap kay Giorgio.

"Hello, buddy! How's my twins?" Giorgio greeted and carried both kids in his arms.

"Can we play? Can we play?" Rebel grinned.

"We'll do that later, alright?"

"Okay!" sabay nitong sagot.

"Are we not going to correct this fake dad and son situation?" Felipe rolled his eyes. "They aren't yours, man. Don't let them grow up with a fucking lie."

"Shut the fuck up man. I don't give a fuck about your daughter so get the fuck off mine." Giorgio snapped. "Rocket's children are smart. They know that I'm not their real father."