chapter 2: Who's that ?

I prepare the setup of our night with mom while  Laurel and Susannah makes the brownie. The guys are at a party o the beach, I never because I love passing the first night with the mom's, though I'd like to go once. I am not really the one to party but when I am in it, it feels like I am losing myself and I like this feeling of letting go everything for once and just have fun without really caring of what the others thing.

And Belly got upstairs saying she was too tired for a movie night, so she got to bed. I think she feels kind of still treated like a child by the mothers, and I understand how she feels. She is almost 16 and need to feel more of an adult, who wouldn't. I am only one year older than her and I can also hate when my mom, when adults, treat me like a little kid. It's just not  fair, I have already my own thoughts and idea of life, I think I am able to have an opinion in the society and what I can do or not. What I want to do or not. But adults still has this need of control over people my age. Well not for the boys. It seems like they can do whatever they want.

I take a blanket and put the film on as we eat the delicious brownie of Laurel and Susannah. We are watching it happened one nigth, one of the best film of the 30's. We always watch this film the first day we are back together.

After thirty minute of film I receive a call from Jeremiah. I excuse myself to the mom's and tell them not to stop the film for me as I already know it by heart. I go outside next to the swimming pool and answer Jere's call.

"Hey, Is everything alright ?"

"yeah yeah, Where are you ? Belly came, you should too so we could all be together !"

"wait what ?"

"what ?"

"Belly really came to the bonfire ?"

"yeah i know it doesn't really looks like her, and she is wearing a dress too, like, as if-"

"I am coming" I cut him before he says something too dumb. By the way he sounded like he hasn't took any drink, he is certainly their DD.

I go back inside and up the stairs to take my things and go to the party, obviously not forgetting to take my camera, we don't know what there could be.

I go back downstairs ready to leave before my mom stops me.

"where are you going ?" I hesitate to find an excuse not knowing if she would be okay with me leaving to join everyone at the bonfire instead of staying and finishing the movie with them.

"huh, Conrad forgot his phone ? So I am bringing it to him..." That was not convincing though i suck at lying and it was the first thing that came to my mind.

"He can't come take it himself instead asking you to go ?"

"well he asked me so...anyway, love you and sorry for leaving now" I say quickly before my mom can say anything else as I close the door behind me. I go to the garage and take my bike. The ride on bike is only 10 minute.

It's been a long time I haven't taken my bike to do a night ride. I have always found the night more peaceful and calm then the day. the fresh brushing on my skin and through my hair. I can hear little crickets chirping, I used to hate them for the sound they made, but now I can only feel nostaligia when I hear them.

I start to hear the sound of the people chatting and laughing on the beach. The bonfire being like a beeacon in the night. I get off of the saddle and walk to the bonfire, my bike beside me that I grip with my hands.

I look around searching for the boys or Belly until I hear a voice aclling my name and coming closer. I turn around and see jeremiah jogging toward me, a can of soda in his hand.