Chap.3

My face was flushed red and beads of sweat rolled down my legs, arms and face. I pumped my legs to go farther and farther, my feat kicking up dirt as it pounded on the ground. "We're good." Laura shouted. "We're good." I kept on sprinting not registering her words till a few seconds after she said them but then when I realized what she said I stopped running and fell on the ground panting. I didn't care that dirt was in my mouth and under my finger nails, I was just tired. Soon I saw Laura slide down next to me in the dirt. We both turned towards each other panting. I looked at all the mud smudged on her face then I giggled. Then before I knew it I was full out laughing and clutching my stomach because it hurt. And soon enough Laura joined me. For ten whole minutes straight we were rolling around in the dirt laughing like a bunch of crazies. And I have to admit...it feels good.
----------------------------------------------
After we finished our laughing fit I stood up and brushed off my pants. We were in the middle of nowhere surrounded by dirt and shrubs. There was just land and land and land. It seemed as if there was no where to go. I looked down at Laura for help and she immediately got up. She seemed embarrassed that she had been laughing so freely and openly but she quickly covered the embarrassment with her fake toughness. "I think there are some camps hidden off the grid for abandoned bacha posh. We would basically be fugitives and on the run for while, not to mention wanted in prison,but it'll be worth it." Sometimes I think that her smoothness and toughness and braveness is just an act. That really she's weak and vulnerable underneath all that. That maybe someone had happened to her that makes her feel as if she can't cry. As if she has to hold everyone around her up and when they feel they have lost hope that she has to be the strong one. Pretending it doesn't hurt when it really does. I couldn't dwell on it much longer though because I had the present to worry about. "I guess we're on the run so yea we could find one I those. But where." I responded to Laura. "We search." She said. And do we did.
----------------------------------------------
We had been walking for about an hour now and we were still in the same surroundings. I was growing tired and was in great need of water. "Don't worry." Laura said when she saw my facial expression. I nodded my head even though I wanted to fall on the ground and sleep. As we kept on walking I noticed a black truck with tinted windows start to follow us. I think Laura saw the truck to because I could get shoulder tense. "Walk faster." she whispered to me. Eventually as the truck started to gain up on us we started to run. But I knew that we couldn't out run a car so I stopped. Laura followed suite a tiny bit confused. "We can't outrun a car. It's no use." I said putting my hand on her shoulder. "But we can't stop! You know that car. That's the same car the guards drive! We can't give up!" she shouted. "We can't!" She shouted again but her voice was starting to waver and she shed a tear. "I can't go back." She said, her voice barely a whisper. "I know. I don't want to go back either. But we can't run any longer. Well be okay Laura. We will. I promise." I said hopefully making her feel better. She smiled and sniffed a bit then turned to look at me. "You know Laura's just my middle name. Not my first." I looked at her curious. "What's your first?" I asked. She smiled then said "I guess you'll never know."
----------------------------------------------
We turned towards the truck and saw that it stopped with us. I waited anxiously to see who would get out. I saw someone start to get out of the car. Finally a teenage boy with nice jet black hair and green eyes stepped out. "Get in the car." was all he said but he was so intimidating that Laura and I scurried into the car without being told twice. I sat in the passenger seat and Laura sat in the back then the guy sat in the drivers seat. There was an awkward silence before he spoke. "Look. I'm not the police and I'm not here to take you away." he paused before adding, "I'm actually here to help you." "Who are you then." asked Laura suspiciously. He sighed and turned around looking Laura in the straight in the eye. "I'm your savior."

----------------------------------------------
Hey guys! I'll be updating soon. I'm hoping to get at least 20 chapters for this book.