Dear Diary, I'm so confused and hurt

A/N : I'd promised I'd write about Shub getting jealous, so like I promised, here we go! Also WE WONN! Shubman got his first win as India's captain and Abhay, his first century in his first t20is! I'm so glad!

11/08/22

Dear Diary,

I'm feeling so confused.

And hurt.

I fail to understand what's up with Sara, she's acting weird.

Sara had been avoiding Shubman like a plague. It was exactly after the night he came to check on her and hugged her.

It confused Shubman, it hurt him too.

He'd rather have her taunt, mock and fight with him than have her ignore him.

He failed to understand what exactly had he done that led her to ignore him.

Each time he tried conversing with her, she'd have an excuse ready.

And he was well aware those were excuses.

He'd told Jugnu, Ishan and Abhay everything that happened on that night.

And they'd been stunned.

Unaware to him, someone else was as well.

" YOU WHAT?" Alysha and Vedika had screamed their lungs out as she narrated the happenings of that night.

" Calm down!"

" SHUT UP DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN AFTER TELLING ME YOU NEARLY KISSED! UGH, WHY COULDN'T SHAHNEEL HAVE A BETTER TIMING?"

Sara rolled her eyes.

" You know that's not going to happen Lysh."

" I wish it did." Alysha let out a dreamy sigh and Sara smacked her.

" Shut up! Vedika, no words?"

" Honestly I'm still trying to comprehend what the fuck just happened."

Sara sighed.

" The two of you nearly kissed and you're telling us this NOW?"

" You guys were busy! So was I!"

" Not so busy that you couldn't tell us you nearly kissed Shubman to be crying out loud, Shubman! If only Shahneel hadn't called!"

Sara sighed yet again, as she hit her forehead on the desk with a light thud.

♡•♡

" I'm uh..busy? I've got meetings lined up."

Shubman could swear he'd heard this excuse for the third time in the day and the nth time in the week.

" How are you in Mumbai by the way?"

" Photoshoots, and movie recordings."