[ 2 ] Spiralling thoughts.

[ AN : this is set in drews pov, and it will be throughout the whole book . if I change povs, I will say !! this chapter is a flashback . ]

[ FLASH-BACK. ]

In the dimly lit halls of something we had called a school, drew would be stood there. His piercing laughter and remarks disrupting those whom expressed their passions in ways he had found weird. Hailey. For a while now, Hailey had always found love within music, yet her stage fright had stopped her from being something. Anything, really. And the last bit of hope, she could've gotten ahold of, just in reach was stripped away from her. By him. Drew. It started with the occasional snicker as he had walked past, until it was making everybody believe she was a freak. Except for them. Those who had found enjoyment within the same thing. They understood, but did not understand one thing. Why was drew the way he was? Drew found satisfaction from tearing down confidence from those who did not deserve it due to their differences, some would say that he would change eventually, and it was just the stages of growing up. If that were the case, he must've been in the "Growing Up" stage for a while.

Despite it all, Drews ego was too high to be damaged in the slightest. He found no issue within making fun of those who believed they would be successful in the near future, but would they really? Perhaps he did them a favour. Perhaps he didn't. Despite being a total ass, Drew found pride within his education, ensuring his scores were always the best he could get, taking extra classes to be sure of getting his way in the following years. Yet, he found it pathetic when anyone else would make an effort. Why should they try if all they wanted was to sing and dance on a stage, I mean really. Leave it to the proper music artists.

As much as he hated the Music Freaks, he never hated music, though a common misconception. It wasn't exactly relevant, but nobody ever asked him. He assumed they would've known, considering he had kept his AirPods in most of the time. Yet, some people were stupid enough to not even notice. I mean, sure. He could be a dick sometimes, but did people not even care to ask nowadays?

Back to hating the freaks. As much as he hated them, his friend, Jake, seemed to like them oddly too much. He claimed it was just "to ask out Daisy,". But, despite all of that, Drew trusted him and acknowledged this as him being a total weirdo, and simp. He was convinced Jake actually liked the music club, knowing full well they were just using him for their benefit, as the blue haired chic couldn't sing for shit. He knew that.

And I proved it on the day Jake finally cracked. He said that we were right. He didn't know why he joined in the first place, he has FINALLY recognised that they were using him. He even admitted that Hailey can't sing without him because of her stupid stage fright! They had no chance without him. Jake even said that they should've known from the moment he joined, he would've never been a music freak. God. I knew it. Credits to me, Drew the smartest one here. I cant believe that I thought he actually liked them for a moment, gosh im so glad I didn't make a scene about that. I knew he wouldn't just leave us like that.

Well. That was until the next day. Jake FINALLY walked up to us. But something just seemed, off. The weary lines etched deep into his face spoke volumes about the supposedly sleepless night he had. His formerly brighter eyes were seemingly dulled with exhaustion, betrayed by the heavy bags which now sagged beneath them. Each step he took towards us he seemed burdened by not only the school, but the weight of the world. His shoulders slumped in defeat. What got him in such a mood? Though, that question couldn't be asked for much longer. He opened his mouth, his words sharp and curt. I could make out exactly what he said, yet I couldn't make out the context.

"Who was it."

What? Who did what? I've done tons, you might need to be specific.

"Who recorded me the other night." His voice was seemingly drowned with a weary grouchiness, which now seemed to envelop him, quite like a cloak. Through his sentence, he carried a short yet sharp sigh, upon exhaling it i could feel the weight of a thousand unspoken frustrations, painting a soul beyond return. God. What was he on about?