Chp 14- The Attic

The sun had risen high in the sky, casting a golden glow over the sprawling mansion. The day was perfect for celebrations, with vibrant decorations adorning every corner and the sweet scent of flowers hanging in the air.

Kyra's POV:

The Mehendi ceremony had just ended, and my hands were now intricately decorated with beautiful henna designs. I admired the artwork as I chatted with my friends, enjoying the light-hearted atmosphere.

The huge fan was placed just mere inches away, helping me to dry my hands, when my back started to hurt a little and I squirmed.
Just then Vishaka aunty approached me with a glass of water," kya hua bacche?" I shooked my head gently smiling,"kuch nhi aunty, bas woh thoda back pain..." she then took a cushion and placed it behind my back "Mere wajah se aap ko kitni pareshaani ho rhi hai" she patted my head and replied "aisa Kuch Nahi hai baccha, here have some water" she aligned the glass on my lips and slightly held my chin tilting it up as I savored water down my throat.

----

Just then, Rayan walked over, catching the tender moment between his mother and Kyra.

----

Rayan's eyes lit up with a mixture of amusement and affection. "Looks like Kyra's already found the VIP treatment," he said, grinning. "Mom, you're spoiling her."

"She has every right to be spoiled, after all, she is my daughter-in-law," Vishaka Aunty said while a red hue covered my cheeks and I looked down.

—-

Rayan chuckled and moved closer to Kyra, gently lifting her chin so she could meet his eyes. "You hear that, Kyra? You've got the official seal of approval," he teased, his voice warm and playful. "Guess I'll have to step up my game to match Mom's standards princess". He tugged the free strands of hair behind her ears and was about to plant a soft kiss on her forehead, when Kyra drew herself back standing up, "Well, if you think you can keep up, Prince Charming," she said with a playful glint in her eyes. "But let's be real, catching me might be a bit of a challenge for you."

With that, Kyra winked and darted away, leaving Rayan momentarily stunned before he let a chuckld and took off after her. "Oh, it's on, Kyra! You're not getting away that easily!" he called, his voice filled with excitement as he went behind her.

Meanwhile Rayan's friends saw the seen from faraway; "ye pakka apna hee Rayan haina?" Aabir chuckled looking at rayan chasing Kyra, "can't believe: 'The Arrogant Starboy, Is A Complete Sweetheart For His Soon To Be Wife!' " Reyaansh said agreeing with Aabir, when Aryan came and tugged his hands on either of their shoulder "aurat ka chakkar babu bhaiya...aurat chakkar..."

----

Seeing rayan pacing upto her, kyra went and hid behind her sister who was coming with a thali of laddoos,"di,hellpp..." kiara who was surprised stood in the middle, while kyra stood behind her and rayan stood in the front "you wanted the chase game na" saying that rayan grabbed kyra gently by her arms and pulled her towards him, making kyra crash into his built up chest,"rayan please,jaane dona" she said wriggling beneath his grip "not so easily, you need to give me something..." he said as a playful smirk made it way on his lips. "Sorry to break it to you kyra, but our friend believes in a fair give and take relation " Aryan approached supporting rayan.

Kyra huffed "neeche jhuko" she said to rayan who bent to her eye level, she leaned in about to kiss rayan on his cheek when she gleefully pushed him away and started running again "I too am Rayan oberoi's to be wife, and I fairly hate loosing" she called out as she made her way up the corridor while rayan followed her.

The corridor was filled with kyra's playful giggles followed by rayans chuckled

"How far will you run from me princess!" he called out. "You know you can't escape me!"