Isabella

"Isabella!" I hear my mother call out.

A yawn escapes my lips.

My body slowly rises off the bed as I arch my back to pop it. I was rubbing harshly against my eyes. I slip my feet off the side of the bed. Making shuffling steps to my door.

"I'm up, mom! I'll be down there soon!" I knew if I didn't respond, she'd come up the steps. She was in poor health, so I wouldn't allow that.

The doctor doesn't know what's wrong with her; she just can't walk right or talk the same after one incident while I was going to the local market to gather things for our restaurant.

I open my wardrobe door, gathering the clothes I need for the day.

I slip my old clothes, which I had worn last night, into our dirty clothes basket.

My dress snuggly fitted my body, hugging my curves as beautifully as possible. Though quite worn, it still managed to make me look nice, I suppose. For a common girl. My father passed away about 10 years ago, and my mother never remarried.

I wish someday to be married and have someone who is caring and passionate about me.

One I was dressed and my shoes one I went down stairs, my mother stubbornly already preparing for opening.

I fix my gaze on her intently. "Ma. Sit down. Let me take over. I'll make you some breakfast once I set all the chairs on the floor."

She glares at me before sitting down. "I'm not helpless, Isabella." She says it grumpily.

"Ma. I know you aren't. I want to help you. Who said anything about you being helpless?" I say this to her, trying to comfort her as I place all the chairs back on the ground.

I unlock the door. The sound echoed through the room.

I walk back into the kitchen. Looking at all the pastries we made last night.

"Ma? Do you just want some eggs and bacon?" I ask her, pealing my head out the kitchen door way.

"Honey I don't really have much of an appetite this morning. Can you just give me a biscuit and honey?" She replied to me.

"Sure thing, ma. I grab a plate and her a biscuit and the container of honey." I walked to her, slowly sitting the items in front of her.

Off in the distance, I hear commotion yelling!

"The royal prince is here! The royal prince is here!"

My mother and I stare at each other in shock.

I hear a carriage in front of our restaurant. I can hear muffled voices behind the door.

"Mary, my love, come inside with me. You must be famished. After our long journey, A male voice said

"Francis, this place looks horrendous. You are right though, my love; I am famished."

I stare wide-eyed at my mom. She shares the same perplexed look as me.

The sore is opened with a squeak. I look up to two people dressed in exquisite clothes.

The soft clicking of heels echoed through the establishment.

I watch as he pulls out a chair for her to sit on, pushing her softly to the table.

Then he himself sat down.

Once he sits down, I walk carefully to them, keeping my gaze on the floor.

"Hello, my name is Isabella. I'll be taking care of y'all today. What can I get for you today?" I ask

"Well, I'd like black coffee." The man says that I know him as Francis.

"I'd like your finest tea." The lady I know, as Mary says,.

I simply nod. "Coming right up."

I walk briskly to the kitchen to prepare their drinks.

I bring their drinks to them, carefully setting the cups down.

"They just came off; they are really hot."

The man says "thank you" as he picks up the coffee, taking a long sniff of the pungent smell.

"What can I get for you both today?"

I look at the lady, taking in her appearance. She was a breath-taking woman. Her figure had medium-sized, perfect curves. Beautiful long tamed hair.

The lady takes a sip before making a face of disgust.

"Everything alright?" I ask timidly.

"Get me a new cup immediately; this doesn't taste right." She snaps angrily at me.

"Yes, ma is coming right up. " I go to take the cup from her.

She roughly shoves the glass of scolding hot tea at me, splashing it all over my hand and arm.

Pain. I yanked my hand back in reaction to the burning liquid.

Hissing as I grab my hand, wiping it off my apron.

My hand quickly turned red and blistering.

The woman had an annoyed face. Rolling her eyes at the situation unfolding.

The man asks, "Are you alright?" looking concerned

"Sorry about that." I say, reaching for the cup once again with my opposite hand, walking off and emerging with a new cup of different tea.

I am hoping she will like this kind with a dash of honey.

"Sorry about that; what can I get for you today?" I ask.

The man looks slightly shocked at the quick change of subject.

The woman takes a sip. "Ahh, much better, but why didn't you tell me it was going to be so hot?"

The prince frowns at her but doesn't say anything; he just shakes his head.

"I will have pancakes and bacon with eggs." The woman says,.

I nod, understanding.

"How do you want your eggs?" I ask, looking at her with a small smile.

Despite the pain that is radiating from my newfound burn,.

"Scrambled," she says as she sips her tea.

I nod once again, turning my gaze to the gentleman in front of me and finally taking the time to really absorb his looks. He was a well-built man with sharp features and piercing green eyes. His hair was cut so as to tie together his whole appearance. He was quite handsome.

"What can I get for you?" I ask with the same polite, small smile.

"Did you hear what I asked just a moment ago?" He asked me, though his gaze wasn't on my eyes as I intended. No, his focus was on my blistering hand. Tomato red, with blisters forming in the moment.

I move my hand out of his gaze.

"I'm fine. What can I get for you?" I say quickly.

"What do you recommend?" he asks me now, staring at me.

"We make bread every day, so I would say biscuits and white sausage gravy. With whatever kind of eggs you like."

"Okay, that sounds splendid. I'll have that with sunny side-up eggs." He asks me before looking at the woman in front of him. Reaching for her hand, she softly placed a kiss on her knuckles.

"Okay, coming right up." I say this before walking away.

My mother is already preparing the meals.