Chapter 2|same sky

Sky

I was on my way to work as a canvas painter sometimes people would book me for parties I would teach a group how to paint we called it the "sip and paint" after mom was being abusive to me yesterday I had to put all that behind me and get ready fo...

I was on my way to work as a canvas painter sometimes people would book me for parties I would teach a group how to paint we called it the "sip and paint" after mom was being abusive to me yesterday I had to put all that behind me and get ready for work. I had to make money I wanted to travel and go to this art school in New York City but I was broke living pay check to paycheck and I had to take care of my sick mother it was definitely a dream of mines. Everyday I daydream about my life in New York. mom would be well and taken care of my baby brother too and I'll be living in a nice apartment that Daniel can come visit every summer with a spacious kitchen to cook meals and beautiful friends.

"Hey excuse me?"

They locked eyes they stared into each others eyes for a moment... it was a weird feeling

I snapped out of my daydream she shook her head responding politely "sorry can I help you?"

"Ummm is this the sip and paint? I was invited by some friends I don't see them here yet maybe I should go sorry".

"Actually wait you should stay I'm the teacher and I can tell you if you go home you will be missing out on my lit ass class" sky laughed her dimples revealed themselves my name is sky what's yours?"

"That's a beautiful name my name is Aaliyah Moore, so how is the sky today?" She smiled

"Excuse me?" Sky replied confused raising her eyebrow

"I meant How's the sky today? Gloomy or beautiful?"

Sky smiled that's cute "well the sky is beautiful today since I met a nice person"

"I'm glad to hear that...."

They was interrupted when a group of Aaliyah's friends came rushing in loudly pulling her in another direction

"See you later sky" she smiled

"Fasho!"

My class started I put on some lit music for everyone to dance too we had red wine for the group everyone got a glass of wine I even had a cup or two after yesterday I definitely needed some. I taught everyone how to paint on a canvas I told them to just have fun they wasn't getting graded or anything this was a relaxing thing. I looked over and seen that girl Aaliyah away from her group I was concerned so I walked over wondering why she wasn't enjoying herself.

Sky put her hand on Aaliyah shoulder comforting her in a concerned way
"hey you good? Cuz I think I overheard you crying to be honest".

She begin to sniffle "actually I'm not okay painting was my dads and I favorite thing to do together my friends convinced me to come today and I thought if I did I would feel closer to my dad since he's gone but I don't feel anything right now I fucking miss him!"

"what was your dad like? if you don't mind me asking about him"

She smiled I really don't mind I'm glad I can talk about him "he was loving and kind and affectionate he would always go out of his way for me to see me smile I loved fashion and designing outfits so my father bought me this vintage sew machine and that's when I started creating clothes he was the person that showed me I can do anything!"

"He sounds like an amazing person, always keep that close to your heart it's okay to talk about him he will always be with you"

"I guess your right and anger and depression is just part of the process I have to remind myself it's going to take time!"

"Somehow I feel like you are stronger than you lead on" sky smiled rubbing her shoulder

"No I'm not strong at all my mother is the strong one in the family"

"Hmmm, I have to say I don't believe that everyday you wake up and choose to live with all your grief you are strong too"

"I guess your right, enough about me what about you?"

"Well I have a alcoholic mother who is Bipolar I take care of my little brother Daniel his dad walked out so all he has is me, I live in a trailer and I have a beautiful personality what else can I say?" She laughed

"Haha wow you definitely have a beautiful personality and one hell of a story sky you are stronger then you think too"

"Yeah I just feel like everything happens for a reason is my philosophy maybe I met you for a purpose you never know but I'm glad I did because you seemed like you could use a friend"

"I like the way you think maybe I'll see you around?"

"Yeah I'm usually here painting or out in about in my beat up wagon at the beach maybe I'll see you there?"

"Yeah I can use some relaxing maybe I'll meet you there with some friends next week on Friday at 2pm" Aaliyah smiled

"Alright see you then here's my instagram".

The paint class continued everyone had an amazing time life is funny, you never know who you might meet. This class is almost over damn it I have to go home and take care of Daniel.