7.7.2024

My first EVER shift <333

Method used: I don't think this is an actual method. I think I created it myself and I'm not sure how and where it came from but here is is! So I was in a sort of cave. It was purple rock. I walked in and there was 4 cauldrons in the ground with gaps between about 1 foot apart. I used the second one along and there was a professor there to help (this can be anyone you want, a comfort character, an actual professor, etc).

The ingredients were 3 onions and some seeds, I put 1 onion in and the professor did the rest along with some other ingredients I weren't able to identify. After this, the professor will hand you a vial. Take a sample of the potion and walk past them to the wall opposite. It was a few feet away from the cauldron. The wall showed some kind of magical looking place, also purple. You can visualise your dr place in this. The professor told me and the other 3 people that were there to close our eyes and imagine our place. Then drink the vial. Wait a minute and keep imagining your place. When you open your eyes, you will be there.

Description of the shift: I opened my eyes and I was standing in front of a small set of drawers next to my bed. I smiled and whispered "I shifted". I told myself not to get excited. I opened the drawer in search for clothes because I was in my pjs. I checked each 4 drawers but then I moved to a bigger chest of drawers. I found a green jumper and a pair of flares. I walked to the bathroom, discarding my pjs and changing into my new clothes. I went back to my bedroom and grabbed my wand from my bedside table. I tapped it on my wrist and a watch appeared.

I left my room and walked down the corridor to a large square room with other corridors leading off and other rooms. I saw Draco, Pansy, Blaise and Crabbe making fun of a first year, floating them into the air. I aimed my wand at Draco and moved it towards the air, which made Draco fly into the air. The first year floated back down and I did the same to Pansy, then Blaise, then Crabbe. I laughed to myself as they tried to get down.

END OF SHIFT

Notes: my first shift was such a surreal experience. I didn't mean to shift, I wasn't going to try. I woke up at something past 8am and checked my phone before going back to sleep and it happened some time then. I went to sleep quite late last night, at around 3am because i had been writing my fanfic for the last few hours (go check it out! It's a professor lupin x y/n!!). I wasn't sure what I have been expecting for my first shift for the last nearly 4 years, but I certainly didn't expect to do a full day of stuff at Hogwarts, I just sort of expected to get there and achieve a shift, then shift back. I wasn't expecting to stay long so for my first shift, I got a lot more than I thought.

One thing to take from this is, if you haven't shifted yet, do not expect to accomplish it the first time. It took me 4 long years to do this and I am so beyond happy that I've been able to do it.

Another thing, if you have made a script (which isn't necessary, you can shift without. My shift wasn't aligned with my script, as far as I was aware. There wasn't much to tell.) don't expect to be able to do everything you've scripted. I've scripted a few events that I hope to happen when I shift, but my shift this morning was not something I scripted.

If anyone has any advice or feedback, I'd be happy to hear it. Also, if anyone recognises the method I used, I'd love to find out about it! I am not yet aware of it and I've researched but I cant find anything similar so I think I might have made it up. Feel free to use the method!

I've used a range of methods over the years and none of them have worked. Ive experienced symptoms from a lot of them, but when recognising that I'm experiencing symptoms, it doesn't work. Recognising your symptoms, for me at least, makes you feel more aware that you're in your cr, which brings you back and prevents you from shifting to your dr.

Good luck shifting!