MY SPEECH!:3

Heres the homework for the exam:3

And here's my speech!:39

Hello everyone, my name is Caitlin and I'm going to be talking to you today about my favourite TV show character which is Yellow Guy.

Yellow guy is from the tv show Don't Hug Me I'm Scared (DHMIS for short). This show is made by British creators Rebecca (Becky) Sloan, Joseph (Joe) Pelling and Baker Terry, the show is produced by Blink Industries. DHMIS has quite a heavy mature theme and displays gore. At its core DHMIS is a puppeteered comedy, horror blend show with 12 episodes. There are 6 short 2-9 minute episode on YouTube -they take less than half an hour to binge-watch- and then if you are British the remaining six episodes are on Channel 4. The episodes run at around 20-23 minutes each.

Now I think Yellow Guy is one of the best if not the best character in the entirety of this indie show series. My first, but not last, reason for Yellow Guy being my favourite is his VA (Voice Actor). He is voice acted by Baker Terry, and personally Baker delivers these lines with a matching energy and overall vibe for Yellow Guy. Yellow Guy is a child-like character. He gets stuck into things quickly because of his mere innocence and gullibility. Yellow guy also has some of the funniest lines in the entire show, Baker Terry adds a massive personification and shine to the puppets lines in the show. People can and have argued that his voice is annoying, grating and bothering. Althoughe on the other hand, his voice is a massive fit for his character and overall lore which I'll discuss in a minute. Before I move onto my second reason here are some of my favourite lines from the show: "rat eyes!!!" "I am have batteries:(* "my hand! MX. child." "Lunch!!"
"eww... Claymation!" "he eats breakfast!" and "and I've gone bald as well!" Yellow guy EVEN SINGS! As he is a gullible and childish character he often gets whisked away and implants himself into the ear-candy songs that are sung during the show. This displays how easily manipulated Yellow guy is. In season 2 episode 3, Yellow Guy dosen't realise until way later in the last quarter of the episode that Lily and Todney only care so that they can qualify for a family bucket of chicken! He mainly sings in season z over season
1. With the other 2 (Red Guy and Duck). In songs like: Memories or We All Have A Worm In Our Brain, to, The Road Trip song!!

Now that may or may not have convinced you that Yellow Guy is the best, and I'm fully aware of that, so here Is my next point. Yellow Guy is a major lore developing character.
From him being tormented by the teachers in the songs he gets struck so quickly into, to becoming smart and having a major difference in the outcome of the entire show!
Yellow Guy has a major mystery around him. "Who is he?" "Why is everything and almost everyone against him?" "Why is he forced to eat one of his friends?" Most of those questions go fully or partially unanswered. The fans of the show and the theorist community have many theories, one of the biggest theories that gets tossed around is that Yellow Guy is in fact dead. This has no impact on the show, but it emphasises my point of people having to speculate so about this childish seemingly simple characters. His dad (Roy Gribbleson) is speculated to be working on the show. We learn in an official interview website that yellow guy is allergic to Eggs, wasps, crabs, bats, meat, trees, jets, walnuts, stairs, horses and carpet. Roy Gribbleson says in this interview something quite confusing in this interview that confuses most fans. "My silly boy has allowed his eyes to grow arrogant and rude, for this I will take him on a trip to punish land." You may not like Yellow Guy for his voice or personality but you may like him from a chunk of the lore I mentioned. He also runs on batteries. We find this out in DHMIS season 12 electricity when Electracey says that she runs on batteries. Yellow Guy is also quite sensitive, and a way that he is a major plot point is the fact that he is the main antagonist's (roy's) son. There is no major strong argument against any of this lore, it may SEEM long and boring but it all falls together like a puzzle that is missing pieces that us (the watchers) can fill in. This makes it a bigger mystery and makes it more enjoyable to watch as you try to understand it from yellow guys perspective and attempt to add another piece to the massive puzzle which is Don't Hug Me I'm Scared's scared's lore and major plot.

My third and final point (also the easiest to describe) is Yellow Guys design and outfit. His outfit doesn't really change at all throughout the entire show. Unless you count the Wakey Wakey trailer. (which isn't going to be a real thing sadly) then he has a different outfit at the end. He doesn't sport his usual dark blue mullet and pale denim overalls. From what you can see he has a pink spiky mohawk and a grey denim jacket, another time Yellow Guy is in different clothing is during episode 3 (love) at the end during the cultist scene, episode 6 (dreams) when Yellow Guy is trying to go sleep, episode 7 (jobs) at Peterson's And Son's And Friends Bits And Parts Limited, episode 8 (death) at Ducks funeral. Episode 9 (family) When Lily and Todney are forcing Yellow Guy to be their mother. On any other occasion or parts of those episodes however, Yellow Guy has his normal outfit. Which is, a long blue mullet, pale denim overalls with a blue D embroidered onto it, black shoes and white socks. Yellow Guy also has a round orange nose. To others, this outfit may seem quite simplistic, but going back to point 2 about the lore that Yellow Guy has, then why does he have a D on his overall pocket? On the end of his bed there's a Y, like Duck and Red Guy who have a D and a R. You may also say that there's no charm or anything that is recognisable with the outfit, yet it's a very child-like outfit, which linking back to point 1 shows that his outfit alone matches his childish and bubbly personality. Yellow Guys outfit also directly corresponds with his fathers outfit. Roy has brown overalls with a R embroidered on them for ROY. He also has black shoes and white socks which mirrors yellow guy. He also has 4 strands of long blue hair, and an oval shaped orange nose like his sons.

a final summary of everything I've said, Yellow Guy is a likeable character with flaws.
Which is good, you cant have a good decent character if they don't have flaws. From his bubble childish personality, to his enduring and comedic voice lines, to the maggots in his hair. (seen during the credits of episode 2). He is really just a funny, oblivious child, in a world where everything is a predator. He is such an amazing character with all the lore and loose ends, there is a couple reasons to dislike him, but the positives are greater and visible in the way he speaks, acts, sings and even down to his clothing style!
I guess yellow guy will always be a splendid character in my eyes. Yellow Guy is only a piece of the major puzzle which is DHMIS. Overall, I think that you should like yellow guy, I hope that if you though different that I changed your mind. All I have left to say now is thank you for taking the time to listen to my speech.

Good-day, this has been Caitlin Fuhr, signing off.

((HOLY SHIT THATS 1,338 WORDS LONG. WOW:D))