‧₊˚ ☾ ⋅ FIFTEEN ‧ ☽ ˚₊⋅

You and Sukuna arrive at the top of the main guard tower where you immediately light a fire. The tower was so high up that the chilly wind was much stronger and colder than if you were standing on the ground.

"It's going to be very cold tonight," You announce to Sukuna and point at a chest nearby, "Can you take out some blankets for us to use?"

He walks over and opens the box only to sneer in distaste at the raggedy fabric, "I'll do just fine without one."

You roll your eyes, "It's not just about you. I'm cold, Sukuna. Give me a blanket, please."

Sukuna's brows pull together with a frown as he pulls out what you call blankets, "Mortal, are you blind? These are thin rags. They'll do nothing but make you colder."

"Then what do you suggest I use then?" You sigh, pinching the bridge of your nose.

He stands there in thought while you try to warm by the growing fire. The wind should have blown it out by now but because this was a special type of wood in Aokigahara, the fire burned brightly.

You hear Sukuna rummage through the chest some more before he lets out a thoughtful hum. You look over your shoulder to see that he found a much larger fabric that could cover him nicely. It was in much better shape than the other rags in that chest.

"It might not fit both of us, but it'll do," You say and grab one end while Sukuna grabs the other, only it was taken from your grasp. "What are you doing?"

He tosses it around his body and sits directly behind you. With your knees pulled to your chin, Sukuna was able to cross his ankles together in front of you. You feel him scoot closer so that his chest is against your back. The entire time you were frozen with your heart beating fast. His top pair of arms holds the two corners of the blanket and engulfs you in his chest. This way, the blanket covers your entire body and traps the heat inside.

You began to grow warm, rapidly. You didn't know if it was because of the small distance between you and Sukuna or if his method was working. You feel Sukuna adjust his body so that his other pair of arms would support his weight as he slightly leans back.

"Are you getting warmer? Or still cold?" Sukuna mutters as he gazes into the fire.

You didn't mean to stutter, but you were so flustered that it slipped out, "N-No, I'm fine."

Your stutter caused him to believe you were trembling from the cold, so he leaned forward and wrapped his other arms around you. His hands were big, one hand alone could cover your entire abdomen. And they were quite . . . warm.

"Don't act so tough, Might Warrior." He whispers raspily in your ear.

You shiver from the sensation of his voice so close to your ear and the warmth of his hands resting on your stomach. Sukuna notices your shiver and pulls you closer. He's . . . So . . . CLOSE! You mentally shout and begin to panic. What do you do? He was making you so nervous! You enjoyed the warmth and closeness, yet you felt so embarrassed, so shy! This was extremely new for you, no man has ever been this close to you before. I should kick him off of me-

"So why is it getting so much colder this quickly? And the village has seemed emptier as of late. So many of them were asking me to haul their heavy supplies around this last week," Sukuna mutters. "Do you know why?"

You take a moment to regain composure, trying not to sound so nervous, "Winter is coming around. I told you this back when I was injured."

"Ah, that's right," He nods his head, "So they're headed for the tree."