Chapter 7: A Presidential Visit

Third Person POV:

The sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the sprawling grounds of the Marcos mansion. Inside, the air buzzed with anticipation. Tonight, the President of the Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte, was coming for dinner.

Senator Imee Marcos, ever the gracious hostess, flitted about, her elegant terno rustling with each movement. Her children, Borgy, Michael, and Matthew, were a whirlwind of excitement.

"Mama, is he really coming?" Borgy, the eldest, asked, his eyes wide with wonder.

"Yes, darling," Imee smiled, smoothing down her son's unruly hair.

"He's coming for dinner." She Added

"I wonder what he'll be like," Michael mused, his wife, Cara, gently nudging him.

"He's quite a character, isn't he?" He added

"He's a bit rough around the edges," Imee chuckled,

"but beneath it all, he's a good man." She added

"He's the President, Mama," Matthew, the youngest, piped up, his voice filled with awe.

Imee laughed, her eyes twinkling.

"He's just a man, Matthew, like any other. He just happens to be in charge of the country." Imee said

The sound of a car pulling up outside broke the chatter. The children, their eyes wide with anticipation, rushed to the window.

"He's here!" Borgy exclaimed, his voice filled with excitement.

President Duterte, flanked by his security detail, walked up the steps of the mansion. He wore a simple white shirt and khaki pants, his signature smile playing on his lips.

"Senator," he greeted Imee, his voice booming with warmth.

"It's a pleasure to be here." He added

"President," Imee replied, her voice a soft melody.

"It's an honor to have you in my home." She added
The children, their shyness forgotten, rushed forward to greet the President.

"Mr. President," Borgy said, extending his hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"You're Borgy, right?" Rodrigo chuckled, shaking the young man's hand.

"I've heard good things about you." He said

"And you're Michael," Rodrigo continued, shaking Michael's hand.

"And this must be Cara." He said to Michael:s wife

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. President," Cara said, her voice a soft whisper.

And you must be Matthew," Rodrigo said, bending down to greet the youngest son.

"I hear you're the governor of Ilocos Norte?" He asked Matthew

"Yes, sir," Matthew replied, his eyes shining with pride.

"Good, good," Rodrigo said, clapping the young man on the shoulder.

"Keep up the good work." He said

The President's arrival brought a wave of warmth and laughter to the mansion. The children, their initial shyness, peppered him with questions about his life as President. Duterte, in turn, regaled them with stories of his youth, his time as mayor, and his journey to the highest office in the land.

So, Mr. President," Borgy asked, his voice filled with curiosity,

"what's it like to be President?" Ge added ask