1

Every great story has a great beginning. Well, not every story. In this case, mine stared with an ordinary Monday...Mostly.

"c'mon! You promised." André was practically yelling into the phone. I winced as he continued to try and persuade me. I cut him off. "Look," I sighed as I tried to pick up keys and not drop and shatter my phone. "I don't know, man. I just..I mean, it's been years! My ASL is a bit rusty, and-" "Leo, Mon ami, we both know that's a lie. Why don't you want to see Matthew?"
  It wasn't Matthew that was the problem, it was going out to their house. I haven't been there in years, especially since I broke up with André and transitioned. I hesitated for a bit before agreeing to go. André laughed, "Ah! Yes! Leo, tu es le meilleur! The best!" You could almost hear him smile. "Yeah, alright. I'll see you soon, André." "À bientôt."
  I groaned and threw my phone and keys into my bag. I looked back at my dog and smiled, seeing his little head tilt. "no, you can't go, Mango. But I'll be back soon." I gave him a little wave before locking the door and leaving.

   I was halfway there when there was this growing pain in my head. The radio was already off, and there was no noise except foe the road. I couldn't just turn the road off. But still, the pain grew. Ahead, there was a bright light in the same lane as me. It got closer and closer. Assuming it was a car, I swerved and hit..something.