Chapter 1-5

Chapter 1

Jiang Xiaoxi folded the clothes mechanically, a little dazed, why did she put them back on?

It was April 1987, and she had just taken over from her mother, Jiang Jinglan, as a sewing worker in a warp knitting factory in City D.

After folding a few pieces of clothing and putting them into her bag, she also remembered that this old house was going to be demolished soon, and today was the day before they moved.

The whole room is less than twenty square meters. It is a long and narrow rectangle with a curtain in the middle. The larger part is the parents' room. There is a bed, a table and a few benches in it. There is a simple base under the window opposite. Cooktop and stove.

Directly opposite the door, the smaller part is Jiang Xiaoxi's room.

A simple bunk bed was set up, which was made by father Jiang Gao. In the past, when the eldest daughter was not married, the two sisters lived together.

Five years ago, after her eldest daughter Jiang Xiaohe got married, Jiang Xiaoxi moved to the lower bunk and put some clothes and sundries on the upper bunk.

There is no toilet in the house. To use the toilet, you have to go to the public toilet across the street.

The public toilets in the old house were all dry toilets, and Jiang Xiaoxi still had fresh memories of how their buttocks froze in the winter, and when the weather got hot in the summer, the stench was overwhelming.

Fortunately for her, the old house is about to be demolished.

This old house in their family was passed down from their grandfather.

The grandparents gave birth to four children, the first three were daughters, and the last one gave birth to a son, Jiang's father. The daughters were all married. After the grandparents passed away, they left the house to Jiang's father.

It will take three years for the old house to be demolished and the new house to be built.

Before their rebirth, their family had moved to their second aunt's house during this period of time, living under someone else's roof, which was always inconvenient.

My parents initially mentioned renting a house, but my grandma and aunt didn't agree. They thought why would they go out to rent a house when their relatives had a place to live?

Thinking of his grandma, Jiang Xiaoxi felt sour.

Because she was the youngest child in the family, her grandma loved her the most. However, her grandma passed away due to illness in 2001.

Now, being able to see grandma again is the most beautiful thing in rebirth.

In the past, I always told my grandma that I would buy a big house, let her live with me, and respect her.

But until her grandma passed away, she failed to fulfill her promise. After rebirth, she will fulfill her promise.

Just as he was thinking about it, he heard a knock on the door, and a familiar yet unfamiliar voice shouted from outside: "Jinglan, Xiaoxi, are you at home?"

Jiang Xiaoxi couldn't hold back his tears all of a sudden, even though he hadn't heard it for twenty years. It's this sound, but you can still recognize it when you hear it. Jiang Xiaoxi immediately stood up, ran to the door quickly, opened the door, and cried: "Grandma!"

Sun Guihua saw her precious granddaughter rushing towards her crying, immediately hugged her, and said anxiously: "Oh, Xiaoxi Ah, why are you crying? Your mother yelled at you? Tell grandma, grandma, teach her a lesson!"