1

Fire

Fire.

Blood and burning smell.

At the age of 25, barely out of college, that's my first memory. Not a very fond one, I'm afraid. The one time smiling dude died in that. All that left in me was the shell that I am now inhabit. Sometimes I feel that maybe this shell, emotionless and absolutely heartless, should have left instead. Then atleast the last memory people would have had was the happy dude. Not the crude business personnel who is A. S. Katyal. What's the use I sometimes wonder.

Laying in the L-shaped sofa I turned my face towards the table. The liquid gold half-filled magnum bottle stood, the glass stood with an almost melted ice. I turn my body towards it, the liquid formed when the air kissed the frozen glass slipped off, the puddle of union forming at its feet. Unbeknownst to me there were papers on my abdomen, all of which slid to gravity. The calender and picture stood a little far from the bottle. My suit-vested self, the shirt worn-out from the whole days stress and tie somewhere on the table, somehow managed to get up and balance myself on the elbow, the drink in system not helping much. Yeah, I guess I fucked up tonight by drinking that much. I tried reaching for the photo frame that kept company to my calender but the papers that fell down got my attention.

The list of models for the haute couture show.
This went out of my mind. Getting little sleep does that to you.
The original designers were to choose their muse. The most sought after and wanted was Lavina Sanders and Manisha Katani.
Rightfully so. Despite their names, Manisha looks outright a rebel whereas Lavina the homey girl. They fit the concept of these designers and photographers. Working together the best outcome is the only possibility.

But Harsh Kavnya, the best designer in the whole haute couture of my company and highly sought after by every other company chose this dewy melty chocolate eyed girl. Almost everyone has vouched for her but being sought by Harsh made me check her up.

Oh...
Her.
Laadli Chibber. Guess my plans are going to be fulfilled seeing how my top designer chose the lady I had in mind for the show-stopper, I couldn't be more satisfied especially on a night where my initial thought is drowning everyone who does a mistake down, even if that includes myself. Drown not in water, but a damn inferno. But then again, am no saint so inferno it is. But seeing how Harsh has chosen her so he's the cameraman. Dude is a perfectionist to the core,it would be an absolute nightmare to him if anyone else decided to do some for his work for him and ended up making it not to his even by 0.1% then all hell breaks lose that much I know. And I love him for his dedication and work but that doesn't mean he is well accepted by his colleagues. I have been receiving anonymous complains about this absolute mad-lad but fortunately or unfortunately I'm sure he knows he's an absolute menace.During the day he had to show his portfolio to me he was asked to mention his cameraman who left no stones unturned to make his pictures look absolute ravishing, he, rightfully smug told that it's his personal work and none other than him achieved such fortunate shots. But underneath it all he was scared because his shots weren't professional unlike most of the people who tried. It was all on his face. A guy who studied under scholarship because though Kavnya family is another influential family,him being a fashion designer was scorned over. He was said to have been thrown out but his muse then was his sister, Milia Kavnya. Against families wishes she helped him and eventually helped him achieve his scholarship and then there he was,admitted to the most prestigious and secretive arts and fashion school that made numbers of writers,poet,designer,models and innumerable actors. Sister college to Mussoorie Fashion Icon College, Flowing Destiny has been the career oriented course opposite,with a high delight on passion. Honestly this secret college is under MFI so no one bothered finding it's name out. Something that my 20 years old self found unreasonable is now highly understandable. An education instituition under it's own jurisdiction and not highly autonomous but definitely without politics is hardly found. Surprisingly this college gave very few the oppurtunity to study under them.Harsh studied there, and unsurpringly so he has been one of the top students.Perfectionist was the remark on his result. And it's rare that anyone under MFI got the sing worded remark, that's how speechless his craft left the Institute.