F I R S T D A Y EP 1

**(Opening scene: An aerial shot of the same small secondary school in London on a bright autumn morning. New Year 7 students are seen entering the school, nervous and excited. The song "Good Morning" by Kanye West plays softly in the background as the camera zooms in on a group of new Year 7 students who will be the focus of the special:**

**(The camera follows them into the school building, where they gather in the main hall, looking around nervously.)**

**Max:** (Whispering to Aaron) This place is huge. How are we supposed to find anything?

**Aaron:** (Grinning) We'll figure it out. Just stick with me.

**Lily:** (Quietly) I hope we all have some classes together.

**Jade:** (Looking at her schedule) Looks like we do. At least for the first day.

**Tariq:** (Nods) That's good. We'll stick together.

### Act I, Scene 2

**(The scene shifts to the staff room, where the teachers are preparing for the arrival of the new Year 7 students. They discuss their expectations and concerns.)**

**Mr. Thompson** (the history teacher): It's always exciting to meet the new Year 7s. So much potential.

**Ms. Reynolds** (the principal): They're nervous, but we'll make sure they feel welcome.

**Mrs. Patel** (the English teacher): It's important we set a positive tone from the start. They need to feel like they belong here.

**Mr. Davies** (the PE teacher): Agreed. First impressions matter.

**Ms. Clark** (the art teacher): Let's show them that school can be a place of creativity and fun, not just rules and homework.

### Act I, Scene 3

**(Back in the main hall, Ms. Reynolds addresses the new students from the podium.)**

**Ms. Reynolds:** (Smiling) Good morning, Year 7. Welcome to your first day at our school. We know you might be feeling a bit nervous, but we're all here to help you. Today is about getting to know your new environment, your teachers, and your classmates. Let's make it a great start to your journey here.

**(The camera pans over the students, capturing their nervous but excited faces.)**

**Emily:** (Whispering to Lily) I hope I don't get lost.

**Lily:** (Smiling) Me too. But we'll figure it out together.

### Act I, Scene 4

**(The scene transitions to a montage of the students' first day, exploring the school, attending their first classes, and making new friends. Clips of them finding their way around, participating in lessons, and eating lunch in the canteen play, accompanied by "First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes. The montage ends with the students back in their form room, reflecting on their first day.)**

**Max:** (Sitting down) Well, that wasn't so bad.

**Jade:** (Nods) Yeah, it was kind of fun.

**Aaron:** (Grinning) And we didn't get lost. Much.

**Tariq:** (Smiling) We'll get used to it. Just takes time.

**Emily:** (Thoughtfully) I think we're going to be okay here.

Act II, Scene 1

**(The scene shifts to the playground, where the new Year 7s are playing and talking during their first break. The song "We Are Young" by fun. plays softly in the background, underscoring the energy and excitement of the moment.)**