𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

comments are very much appreciated! starting from now on there will be very fast releases but shorter chapters! would you guys prefer that? it makes me feel less stressed too

sorry for such a long wait! here you gooo

.

.

PAST

Y/N KNEW WHEN there was a heavy cloud blanketing his home. It was at those times the fights were particularly bad; there were always the shattering of glasses—some wine bottles, and then there was the screams that were so loud and sharp it could have ruptured five year old Y/n's eardrums. His parents paid little attention to him, though—as far as they were concerned, he didn't exist.

Sometimes they fought over money. His father's debt, his worthless job, the mother's incessant spending habits where she prided herself on the latest bag or perfume. Other times they fought over him. Y/n didn't know if this was a thing to be proud of, or be ashamed of—he liked it when they fought over him. It was the few times he was ever mentioned. Never mind whatever cutting words they were about to inject into the sentences—whatever venom that seeped into tone could be easily dismissed.

"You said you wanted a child!"

"I did!"

"Then? Fucking take care of him!" Obscenities spewed from their mouths. It was not a pretty sight—it never was. It was too much for Y/n, and often he slinked away after their voices became a little too jarring.

He couldn't understand what they fought about. Something about "divided loyalties" —"torn apart"—mysterious things Y/n never bothered to think of. His grandmother heartily disliked his mother too, for some strange reason. Y/n's father was a cruel man, melded into the monster he was by the influences of his grandfather and his friends (alcohol played a major part —drugs too) and so Y/n witnessed his grandmother's love for her only son ebb away from her, little by little. But for his mother? His grandmother hated her with a burning passion from the start.

"You shouldn't have married her," Y/n's grandmother hissed to her son. "She's a horrible person. She'll only put Y/n into grave danger!"

She was usually sweet, even-tempered, and kind.  But vulgarities and insults became second nature to her vocabulary when the mother was brought into the picture.

It was things Y/n didn't quite understand. Being in a fractured family (the word "family" was frankly a very luxurious word here) was incessantly difficult: the perforations that flooded his life, that littered the boardwalks of life—they were so apparent, so easy to spot, so glaringly obvious. Y/n learnt to hate it. Loathe it, even.

Only with Andrei did he ever find a family.

.

.

PRESENT