Chapter 1: Delusion

Hey beautiful people, please do vote and comment, it means a lot. I'll update the story soon.

"You are going to marry him, Avi

"You are going to marry him, Avi."

Those words played in my head like a haunting melody, over and over again. Tears streamed down my face, leaving wet trails on my desk. With a loud thud, I woke up from the nightmare that had been tormenting me for weeks.

"Aaravi, let's go. It's break time. We have two hours before the next class," Liya's voice pierced through my fog of fear, gently shaking me awake.

I rose, still shaken, and followed Liya towards the door. Her grip on my hand was firm and reassuring. In this vast, unfamiliar university, she was my only mate, the only one who had been there for me since the beginning. I loved her dearly. She was my rock, my haven.

Living in an apartment without my parents had been grueling. I completed my college from my hometown but I decided to study further in Mumbai. I hadn't made any friends here, except for Liya. She had been my steadfast companion since day one.

"What's going on over there?" I pointed towards a gathering by the basketball court where a crowd of students cheered loudly.

We made our way towards the court, Liya leading the way with her usual bravery. She pushed through the crowd, clearing a path until we reached the front. The sight before us left me speechless.

My eyes lingered on the basketball players in the court. They were mesmerizing. Their movements were fluid and powerful, each one of them had a commanding physique that was very impressive. I was captivated by their performance when a sudden voice pierced through the din. "Move aside!" Instinctively, I stepped to my left, only to find myself on the ground moments later.

The basketball rolled to the place where I had been standing two seconds ago and hit the ground with a thud.

Disoriented, my mind was reeling, trying to make sense of what had happened. I attempted to get myself up from the floor, but a sharp pain shot through my left hand. A whimper escaped my lips as I held my hand, trying to ease the pain.

Suddenly, a hand appeared before me, offering for help. I took it, still dazed and got up from the floor.

To my surprise, a striking male figure stood before me, towering above six feet with pristine hazel eyes. His hand was warm around mine, his body glistening with sweat that dripped from his hair like pearls. His muscles were taut, his breath hot against my skin. Clenching his jaw, he fixed his intense gaze on me. "Are you okay, Mia Cara?" he asked, his voice as smooth as honey.

My heart raced at the sound of his voice, and I struggled to process my emotions. "Yeah, but my hand is sore," I managed to say, my voice sweet and trembling.