seven: "NARCISSIST"

Once Rin got home that day, collapsed into his bed. He re-ran each scene of the day prior, trying to figure out where he went wrong.

Fate appeared to be on your side lately. First, you happened to run into him in the library, and second, now every single day after school you'll be interacting with him because of Ego's arrangement. Not to mention all the little things that happen to go your way.

Rin had a bad feeling about the entire situation. In the building, they were all aligned by their blue lock ranking. You and Rin were both first, and he had a sneaking suspicion it would be more than just sitting at the top together.

He didn't want to stress about this any longer and prepared to go to sleep. He stripped the uniform off his back and slid one of his sleeping shirts on, followed by a pair of sweatpants.

As Rin went to put his phone on he charger, it buzzed.

Y/n L/n has requested to follow you on instagram.

Rin dumbly stared at the notification. You really were relentless, even when the two of you were miles apart. Rin never really used instagram, as it proved no genuine purpose to him. It didn't help him become a better player and it was just annoying to deal with all the fan messages he got.  He really should have deleted the app.

He clicked on the app and opened your profile, which looked exactly as he expected it to look. Your profile picture was you holding up a gold medal and kissing it, your name was "1# in Japan" and your bio was you bragging about being Blue Lock's star striker.

'Cocky.' Rin thought. You called it confidence, but you were plain rubbing it in everyone's faces at this point. Rin found it amusing, though. You were very much unapologetically yourself.

He went through a few more photos, including the ones you were tagged in. There were a couple pictures of you and your friends on the football team getting coffee and having fun in the city. Next, there was a post of you and your family, with a trail old man in the middle with a silly birthday hat on his head. Finally, another photo of you, but with Isagi, Bachira, Chigiri, Kunigami, and Hiori, all posed while out ice skating. It seemed Barou, Nagi, and Reo were all there as well, as another picture showed them all on the floor after slipping and falling.

Rin felt himself let a chuckle slip at seeing his teammates in a setting outside of football. Not to mention, seeing Barou on his ass like that brought him great joy.

He accepted the follow request, and followed you in return. Not even a second later, you sent him a message.

Y/n L/n

Y/n
Rin!!! Hi!!!

Rin
Hello 😐

Y/n
What's with the tone 😢
I thought we were in this together...

Rin
There is no "we".

Y/n
There will be 😍

Rin
🤦‍♂️

Y/n
Omg you're so sassy Rin

Rin
And you're a narcissist

Y/n
WDYM???

Rin
Every picture you have of yourself on instagram is you posing with an award

Y/n
You stalked my profile 😏

Rin
Bye

Y/n
WAITW AIY WAIT
Ok true I am a bit over the top...
But I'm not a narcissist!!

Rin
Sure 😕

Y/n
I'm not😨
I celebrate my own achievements but I don't push others down for theirs
If someone deserves the spotlight I'll gladly give it to them 😍

Rin
😐

Y/n
It's just that nobody's deserved it in a while 💋

Rin
Why do I bother

Y/n
Bc you know i'm the one 😍

Rin
💀

Y/n
DONT SKULL EMOJI ME
Sorry I'll stop 😢 my insatiable love for you will be tamed

Rin
You're giving me an "ick"
Or whatever those are called

Y/n
I'm sorry 😨

Rin
Yeah be sorry
You're lucky you're so good at football

Y/n
You're making me blush ☺️☺️

Rin
😔

Y/n
Rin I've been working on some new skills
Like imagine with me 😘
There are like four defenders on me and I can't jump to get over them, but there's a space in between
So i pull off a crazy bending shot at the goal and the ball curves out and around them 😍

Rin
You sound like a five year old

Y/n
I'm passionate ab my sport don't hate 😔
Ig the only passion you know is our love...

Rin
Thin ice.

Y/n
SORRY
Ok normal conversation topic 😀
How was your dinner?

Rin
Ok

Y/n
Well that's great to hear bc mine was SPECTACULAR I really outdid myself on this one 😘
Like I roasted these vegetables in the oven and then blended them together to make a veggie soup
And I made this amazing grilled cheese too
My mom and dad fell to their feet in praise

Rin
You're being narcissistic again

Y/n
Sorry that's my dark wolf 😓

Rin
😶

Rin went offline

"She's an idiot." Rin remarked, placing his phone down on his bedside table.

He clicked off the light and buried his head in his pillow, ignoring the smile itching to appear on his face.