Keeping In Touch

Later as Alexis is in her room back at home at night she soon sees Lucy come in the door.

"Hey sweetie what's wrong?" Lucy asks curiously as she comes over to Alexis.

"Nothing mom." Alexis says as she is looking out the window at the night sky.

"You're missing her huh?" Lucy asks as Alexis nods.

"Yeah. Poppy wasn't like the other kids around here and she accepted me for who I was. I just wish I could still talk to her." Alexis says.

"Well I got a surprise for you that might make you happy." Lucy says as she gives Alexis a box before Alexis opens it and sees a light blue cellphone.

"A cellphone?" Alexis asks in surprise.

"Yep and check out who texted you already after somehow getting your number." Lucy says excitedly as Alexis sees a text message and sees its from Poppy.

"Poppy!?" Alexis asks happily in surprise.

"Yep. Have fun and night sweetie." Lucy says as she smiles and leaves the room before Alexis calls the number on the text.

"Hello?" Poppy asks as she picks up the call.

"Poppy it's me Alexis. You got my number? How?" Alexis asks happily.

"Yeah. Gru gave it to me. Said he and Lucy were gonna surprise you with a phone so we could stay in touch." Poppy says happily.

"That's great." Alexis says happily.

"Yep. And I got one more surprise. Come outside and be quiet." Poppy says.

"Why?" Alexis asks curiously.

"Just do it." Poppy says before Alexis hangs up the call and goes outside quietly as told before seeing Poppy in her villain school uniform by the flying chariot.

"Poppy!" Alexis says happily as she runs over and hugs Poppy.

"Hey. Good to see you." Poppy says as she smiles and hugs Alexis back.

"You too. But how did you know where I live?" Alexis asks curiously.

"Gru. Let's just say he noticed we got along well." Poppy says as she smiles.

"I can tell. But why are you here so late?" Alexis asks curiously.

"Well I couldn't till morning to ask you something I've been wanting to ask you since you left. But most importantly I just wanted to see you. I really missed seeing you next door to me." Poppy says shyly.

"Me too. How has school been?" Alexis asks curiously.

"It's been amazing. And I can't wait to tell you all about it but first I should probably tell you the question I have." Poppy says shyly.

"Of course Poppy. What is it?" Alexis asks curiously.

"Well actually it's two things I wanted to ask. I've thought a lot about this and I'm positive about the way I feel about this. So here it goes. The first question I have is would you be interested in going to the movies with me this weekend as a date? And the second question is would you be interested in being my girlfriend and my partner in crime as we get older?" Poppy asks shyly as she blushes.

"You want to go on a date with me? And want me to be your girlfriend?" Alexis asks in surprise as she blushes.

"Yeah. If you're interested. If not I understand. I know. It's stupid to think someone like me would like girls." Poppy says as she looks away.

"It's not stupid at all Poppy. You can't help who you end up catching feelings for. But yes I would very much love to go on a date with you. And I would love even more to be your girlfriend and possible partner in crime. I don't know that I'm much of a villain but still." Alexis says as Poppy smiles at her.

"Really?" Poppy asks as Alexis nods.

"Yes." Alexis says as Poppy smiles happily.

"Yes! You have no idea how happy that makes me." Poppy says excitedly.

"Oh I think I know." Alexis says as she chuckles before Poppy kisses her and pulls away leaving the two blushing.

"Sorry. Couldn't help myself." Poppy says shyly.

"It's okay. I liked it. Besides if I'm your girlfriend you have every right to do that." Alexis says as she smiles.

"Well if that be the case expect a lot more affection from now on. Just don't expect me to be too lovey dovey in public. I do got an image as a future villainess to uphold now too." Poppy says.

"I know. Don't worry." Alexis says as Poppy gets back into the chariot.

"Well anyway I'll let you get to sleep. I can't wait till this weekend. See you then for our movie." Poppy says as she smiles at Alexis.

"See you then." Alexis says as she watches Poppy leave happily before heading back inside.