038.

'oakley, you don't talk to me.' i shrug, being arrogant on purpose.

'what?' he asks, confused.

'i don't know what you're doing when you're not with me, oakley. how do i know you're not, i don't know, with other girls?' i ask and he looks at me like he's offended.

'because you know i'd never do that to you.' he defends and i shake my head.

'it was an example, oak. i don't know what you do when you're with walid and the others. you just leave and sometimes come back with so much money.' i say softly, leaning back against the bed frame. he sighs quietly, his attention glued on me as he removes his arm from my shoulders.

'i know, and i'm sorry.' he says softly. 'but i don't want to worry you with my shit, nady.'

'i'm your girlfriend, oakley, i'm supposed to worry about you.' i speak before the door opens and a nurse walks in. i look away from oakley and get up, sitting on the chair beside him instead as she starts waffling about checking whatever needs to be checked.

'nadya.' he groans, paying no mind to the nurse.

'we can talk about it later.' i mumble as he sighs defeatedly but nods. my phone then rings, ani's name flashing on my screen. 'hey.' i chirp as i swipe across, answering the phone.

'nadya, what happened?'

'oakley got stabbed. nothing bad.' i say sarcastically as i hear ani gasp.

'what? why are you so calm?' she asks as the nurse starts speaking to oakley.

'he's fine.' i say as she laughs.

'okay, are you staying there?'

'yeah, sorry darling. i know you don't like sleeping alone.' i say and oakley gives me a confused look, as if asking who i'm on the phone with. 'it's ani, relax.' i say and he nods, the nurse adjusting something before walking out.

'hi oakley.' ani chimes and i put her on speaker so oakley can hear.

'yo, ania.' he replies as i get up, sitting next to him again.

'how are you?'

'i'm good, thanks.'

'you're an idiot, you know. need to start listening to nadya more.' she says and i press my lips in a thin line, resting my head on his shoulder.

'yeah, i know, i know.' he replies.

'alright, good. i'll let you two talk.' she says. 'bye, nady.'

'bye ani, love you.'

'love you too.' she speaks before i end the call.

'i'm listening.' oakley mumbles, looking straight at me.

'i thought we were gonna talk about it later?'

'it is later.' he shrugs.

'what do you do when you're not home?'